It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:03 am 

The purpose of this post is to say to the Coder-Comitee that Undernet is in my opinion the best IRC net, but it could be better if the IPv6 is availabled to use.
Why?
Whell:
1) Most of people want to use their own shells and vhosted bouncers but they dont have money and most of IPv4 shells are payied. But all (or most of them) of the IPv6's shells are free, because the use of IPv6 is for E and D network classes.. Is an experimental kind of routing protocol.
Some people like me live in poor countrys like Argentina, and we can not buy a shell. A free shell could be a nice option ,but if the server dont support IPv6 , we all will be using the same host, and we will have clone-connection troubles.
2) Most of the bigger servers like EFnet are implementing IPv6, and it work well, why dont Undernet?
Please reply the msg :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:23 am 

I think in the future undernet will use Ipv6 too.
dont worry about it.
I believe Coder-com already have an ideas about it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:19 pm 
Stonkeep who are u?

Post subject: Stonkeep thanks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:27 pm 

hey thanks for replying and for giving me a illusion =p
DrZito-77
(I WANNA IPv6!!!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:05 am 

I also want ipv6!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:21 pm 

I just wanted to mention that a lot of shell providers are catching on to the advantages that ipv6 give them. As an admin, I love the idea of having thousands of ips available to allow users to create their own vhosts. It's just one more way of personalizing their irc experience.
I noticed that in another thread from earlier this year ipv6 was referred to as experimental... Many production systems have already added ipv6 support and it's quite stable. I think the sooner undernet starts experimenting with it the better. That's just my 2 cents worth.

Post subject: Its totally true
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:28 pm 

yes, it is,
i think that Undernet is better and grater than efnet.. but, efnet uses ipv6 so many people that use it, prefer to go to chat on efnet than on undernet.... they dont know all the privileges that undernet offers, but.. why not ipv6? so many ppl will comeback and join to undernet, and wil lbe really the best and greater serv on the world

Post subject: thats because efnet IS better than undernet.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:08 am 

while efnet is kinda like up to date, undernet is still in the 1980s with their unupdated servers, an opers. you wont ever see ipv6 on undernet, because theyre lazy asses who do nothing all day, or half the time their idle, or ignore ur msgs cuz they're too busy cybering each other. while efnet, most of the opers will respond, and of course its a better network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:00 am 
Senior Undernet Coder

IPv6 support is currently very buggy, but is mostly written. We'll probably be rolling it out in the next year or so. Currently however we're working on fixing and refining the features we have already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:38 am 

As all posts regarding IPv6 support on Undernet are already quite some time ago, I wanted to ask about the current state of development. Any news about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:27 pm 

Recently I read about an article written by Simson Garfinkel of MIT, who said that even that IPv6 has been used for a while, it still didn't determine the explosion of connected devices, nor a clear transition program from IPv4 to IPv6. The new addressing scheme still has the aroma of a cute experiment, and nobody wants to order the chef's experiments; instead, they will take what's already on the menu. The most interesting claim was that IPv6's current implementation is insecure due to the lack of heavy testing and will encourage the illegalities on the Net, like peer-to-peer file sharing, flooding and so on. This made me raise an eyebrow, but the author has way more experience than me and I really doubt he can make such a statement without proper justification.

Got this from Slashdot: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/11/2348217

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:18 pm 

http://www.ipv6.org/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdk ... tpipv6.asp

IPv6 should be safe enough for some of us though.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 am 

Isomer wrote:
IPv6 support is currently very buggy, but is mostly written. We'll probably be rolling it out in the next year or so. Currently however we're working on fixing and refining the features we have already.

Were those features fixed and refined? :sneaky:

Post subject: Re: When Coder-Com will available IPv6?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 am 

the thing is wth IPv6, soon it will be the only way to connect to the internet, as the IP governing body has given out there last 14 million IPv4's, an they will not be allocating any more IPv4 to any internet provider,

and they have a huge supply of IPv6, this is goin to happen in the next 3 years

Post subject: Re: When Coder-Com will available IPv6?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:35 am 

I need IPv6 now!

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next