It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Website Error (DB)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:33 pm 

http://cservice.zonenet.org when i try to register i have this error

This server is currently experiencing a very high volume of transactions. Please try again in a moment.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

go back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:57 pm 

Well that website it isn't related to UnderNet, and definetly is not related to UnderNet CService website URL. it`s from another network.

Regards,
Spidel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:40 pm 

Yes however it is Cservice from Undernet, so he's at the right place to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:47 pm 
Cservice Official

And as a user-friendly answer, you should retry at a later time. The site's resources are overused by people, and the server can't handle any more requests.

Usually, things will be back to normal in short notice, but if that happens on a small network, it's best of you to contact the network administrator and see what happens (IF the situation persists).

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:11 pm 

That error appears when the server's (that is hosting the website ) load averages are over or about 5. Try to kill unused proccesses until the load avgs are under 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:54 pm 
Cservice Official

Isn't 5% of the load average a bit too less?
I mean I've seen websites running at over 60% of the load average and they were working just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:48 am 
Forum Moderator

Actually it depends...even if it is a small network or not and by that i reffer to networks that have a large number or users who browse the website daily, it`s up to the server`s(the one hosting the website) bandwith and how much bandwith the admins alocates for it, and/or it depends if the server is dedicated or not. If you run on that server, the cservice website 3 ircd, 4 bnc and god knows what other applications you`ll get that error too....

So if you host the website try to solve one of the points me and The-judge pointed out....if you are just a normal use complain to one of the network admins/coders....

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:35 am 
Forum Moderator

Etherfast wrote:
Isn't 5% of the load average a bit too less?
I mean I've seen websites running at over 60% of the load average and they were working just fine.

You are definitely talking about Windows. GNUWorld can NOT run on Windows. My Linux Slackware load average is: 0.12, 0.12, 0.04. So, 5 is very HIGH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:56 pm 

load average: 0.23, 0.18, 0.18

Post subject: Strange
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:13 pm 
#Userguide Member

I have a problem regarding website (cservice.example.org/live) few days ago i tryed like i did 1mil. times before to edit a username and set the option: NOPURGE_ON_IDLE status, but someting happend in the log it apeared like this: Apr 28 2006 19:30:20 [1146241820] Modified by admin [Web]: Dooku!unknown@ip (Dooku) No fields modified. but ! you coud see that the option was set because it was no longer with that red NO it was green (YES). What happend ?i mean where it says: Accept notes: Yes
Prevent username removal: No (username can be removed for being idled too much) it works but the problem is at logs,
i tryed on another user to do the same thing ... same thing happend, i tryed 2 edit the user home page, it worked, fraud user status and all worked but this not, other admins try it and it worked, i gived * to another user and i used that ("new official") to modify a new username, same error ! can some 1 explain me what happend and how can i fix this ? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:06 pm 
#Userguide Member

i found someting .... if i add 800 * the user will not have that error , if i have 750 it will say that no fields modified, so it is green (YES)(meaining that is set so i won't expire), can some 1 pls tell me if thats a bug and how can i fix it ? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:37 am 
#Userguide Member

Evrika ! now i know 2 things ! :D :
1. why is that "error"
2. that here is a "giant democracy!"

1. at 750* on website you have the option to set the users so it won't expire but you can't actualy do it ... (read the post before this one)
BUT ! at 751 its alllllllllllllll OK
2. why a hell did the coders made this option availible on website at 751 ? thaaaaa on irc its no diferance between 751 and 750, can you PLEASE modify this at this with the next update or someting its just so UNCOOL... i mean for 1 point ??? :o , think about it. :lol: or ... tell me how can i config my gnuworld so i can make it on website at 750 :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:05 am 

If you are talking about the high load error, I don't see any link between the user's level and the error message. I did a few searches in the website system and found this:

if($loadavg5 >= (2*CRIT_LOADAVG))
{
   header("Location: ../highload.php");
   exit;
}

and
if($loadavg5 >= CRIT_LOADAVG)
{
   exit;
}

Now CRIT_LOADAVG is defined in cmaster.inc along with a similar constant, CRIT_MAX_LOADAVG, each having its own explanation.
define(CRIT_LOADAVG,6.0); // if loadavg5 goes over this number, the login/newuser/regproc/emailchange/pwreset are locked out.
define(CRIT_MAX_LOADAVG,15.0); // if loadavg5 goes over this number, everything is stopped to make the load lower.

The $loadavg5 variable is defined here:
if (file_exists("/proc/loadavg")) { // on some OS's this file is not present.
   $loadfp = fopen("/proc/loadavg", "r");
   if($loadfp) {
        list($loadavg1, $loadavg5, $loadavg15) = fscanf($loadfp, "%f %f %f");
        fclose($loadfp);
   } else {
        $loadavg1 = 0.0;
        $loadavg5 = 0.0;
        $loadavg15 = 0.0;
   }
} else { // freeBSD compatibility
   $loadfp = `/sbin/sysctl vm.loadavg`;
   $loadfp = str_replace(",","",str_replace("vm.loadavg: { ","",str_replace(" }","",$loadfp)));
   $tmp = explode(" ",$loadfp);
   $loadavg1 = $tmp[0]+0;
   $loadavg5 = $tmp[1]+0;
   $loadavg15 = $tmp[2]+0;
}

I believe this code is to prevent wrong entries (as new users, manager/password/email changes are sensitive data) in the database, due to the machine's high load and has nothing to do with the user's level. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,
Crosswing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:52 pm 

High load has nothing to do with user`s level. It has something with showing the cservice page or not. As you can see there is something like:
if($loadavg5 >= CRIT_LOADAVG)
{
   exit;
}

and as you said, CRIT_LOADAVG is defined on defines.inc as being 6, so, if the avg is higher than 6, the server won't upload index.php and the rest of the page, it will upload highload.php.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]