It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Suggestions for X
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:19 am 

Similar to the REMUSER -modif post... I feel channel owners *definately* need some way to view a log of access modifications. Perhaps the last 10 adduser/remuser/modinfo commands only. 10 times how many registered channels = alot of space, yes... but not a whole lot worse than X giving you 15 banmasks or the complete ignore list.

2nd... X is one badass dood. Ever seen him masskick a channel when someone sets +b *!*@*? With that in mind... X needs a massban command of some sort. I have multiple scripts in place to deal with botnet floods/attacks, but in order for them to function without flooding myself off, I have to keep myself opped everywhere to be able to +bbbbbb. It'd be awefully nice if X could do that for me. Obviously, a ban reason won't be possible with such a command, so just "MassBan" as a reason would be sufficient (like "No Reason")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:17 am 
#help member

Good idea, I think every added user should be sent via e-mail to the 500 each day/week.

The massban idea, probably should be done, but it's cosmetic :)

Command, n.: Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.

Post subject: Cosmetics
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:34 am 

If I need to set say 30 bans, or even fill the banlist in a decent sized flood attack... how happy is X going to be after I send him 30 seperate commands? 'Tis 6 times faster to have the massban capability and be able to avoid him ignoring you for flood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:17 pm 
Undernet IRC Operator

Such a command would have to be 500 only, however during a flood you CAN just ban *!*@* and +mr the channel if you wanted, that'd keep most floodbots out. See my comment in the remuser -modif section about the history, the same limitations apply here. I wouldn't plan on it being added right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:11 pm 

My opinion is: Massban like command to be removed, i dont know for what good things is that command

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:32 am 

Quote:
My opinion is: Massban like command to be removed, i dont know for what good things is that command

good idea. my sugestion is to allow only bans on nicks below 400, similar to the kick command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:43 am 
Forum Moderator

Please use the Search function of the forum before purposing, suggesting, or mentioning over discussed stuff. Here is the one of the few threads where it was discussed: http://forum.undernet.org/viewtopic.php?t=1543

And btw, "massban" as a command does not exist.

Best Regards,
Mit.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]