It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:02 pm 
#Userguide Member

Well i thout someting and a CService admin just helped me but in the same time i noticed that what i thout is good idea.
Mgr hasn't logged in, a vote for a new mgr will be held among 400+ ops ( EMail admin@undernet.org FROM username adress ONLY for instruction)
now .... it seams that if the manager won't login the admin will add user nopurge with 500 access there , in this time (wile the 400 ops vote) if the manager come back he sends a e-mail and the admin makes another force and removes the suspend and the nopurge user from the access list . But ! what if NoPurge is someting like TheJudge (a bot or someting , u coders know best ...) and he adds himself to those channels (after all admins can see the channls after 21 days , why this bot showdn't ?)and ! if the manager will come back nopurge will unsuspend the channel and thats all , it will be cooler if this bot will make channls logs so that the admin can see sometimes that channel #example was at 28.06.1987 with a little proble (al most without X because no manager) i think this way admins won't have to make many force and unsuspends ... , what do u all think about it ? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:35 pm 

Channels are almost always untagged within 24 hours if the manager login before any change was done. No needs for bots, the admins dealing with these issues already have tools to make it easier and faster than looking at every chan one by one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:14 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

There also may be other issues involved, an automated process does not belong in a manager missing scenario. :/

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]