Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:29 pm 

Wolfyx wrote:
Homer..can i Image ImageImageImage you? Image
You're freaken up with ? Image you must be crazy Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:56 pm 

Noughty noughty..it`s not polite to point Image
But let`s not get off topic..a nice forum moderator please move this topic onto the coder-com section pwease Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:22 am 

Wolfyx, what about posting it again in coder-com section with the revised idea (/msg x access #channel -modif) ? and ofcourse mentioning this post in the topic body :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:01 pm 

Uhm..nope..i`d prefer the ppl in coder-com to see all of our comments..i don`t wanna start another topic about the same ideea Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:44 pm 

Ok! :) i hope they move it fast :wink: :classic:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:31 pm 
Forum Moderator

topic moved. Keep those ideas coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:35 pm 

I also think it's a very good ideea, should be seen as /msg x access #channel username -modif, and to work... up to 7, 14 or so, days after the user has been removed from chanlist.
Thus, removing a user would mean modifying his access to 0, not completly removing him from the chanlist immediatly, just after a week or two.
I hope someone will listen to us..

Post subject: Re: /msg x remuser #channel username -modif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:52 pm 

Wolfyx wrote:
Hi all..hope i`m not repeating any thread..just wondering if there could be such a command /msg x remuser #channel username -modif ....i ask coz lots of people ask if there`s a command for someone to find out who removed someone from the access list...I was wondering `bout this a long time, need some opinions ..
Regards,

I`m with you Wolfyx....need that command or another like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:13 am 

Im with Wolfyx...
I like that idea about /msg x remuser #channel username -modif
If i give access to my friend and somebody remove him, i will want to what's the reason about remuser (private things or profesional)...
Because for private things is chat in pvt, not remuser from channel !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:40 pm 

I agree that such a command would be useful, and I also agree that it would take up precious resources.

As it would be enough to see that information only once, I believe it should be sufficient to send the information about the removal via notice to the user, right after the remuser command has been executed if the user is on-line and authenticated, or save it temporarily and send it right after the user has logged in. I think this would be much easier to accomplish for the coding part as well as for the resources, compared to the "-modif"-like command that has been suggested.

In addition such a message could be sent to the channel from which the user in question has been removed. Thus, it could be logged by the users and there would be no question of who has done it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:50 pm 

Now that you guys ressurected this topic, i would wanna say that since the time i posted this thread, i encountered douzines of other users asking if there's a command to see who removed a username's access. I'm no coder, but i don't see why this couldn't be implemented, if /msg x access #chan user -modif is.
Anyways, it's up to the guys with the brains for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:37 am 
Undernet IRC Operator

Ok, im going to try and answer your questions:

The question is not IF it can be implemented, it can be implemented into mod.cservice, the only problem is running it on undernet. The history would have to have some kind of limitation, say a 15 day expiration or something. The problem is if you add it up over time, its a good bit of database storage. Theres nothing saying that it couldn't be supported on X's current machine, it probably could. The other problem is once access is removed, their channel access record is discarded from the database. The thing is we would have to find a place to store all of those history records as far as 'remuser' goes. You can begin to see individual channel records start doubling in size. The more channel data you have, the more you slow X down by giving it a larger memory footprint and, well it takes TIME to load data. Right now X can load and burst about 100,000 users within a minute or two, which honestly is GREAT. However you have to think, with each user, thats one database hit, the more users and data, the more DB hits thus essentially bogging down pgsql. Now these numbers are fairly accurate, and trust me, the implementation is so minor at this point in time that it could be a good while before its implementation if at all.

Thanks
Compy

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3