It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: More than one auth.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:55 am 

Hi! I'm creating this eggdrop that needs to be opped to work properly (he is giving voice to active people and taking it from inactive people.) But then I noticed he can't have his own auth! Because that would be against the undernet rules to have more than one auth.

I understand that you have to have limited auths to keep spammers away. But why only one? a LOT of people need more than one auth for bots and stuff like that.

Two auths wont harm, maybe three is starting to be suspecious, but a lot of people have two auths to have a bot or your sibbling that wants to have a hidden host, or whatever really! Or you could make a person available to auth from two users, max. Instead of max one.

So I think you should either make people available to have two auths, or some kind of trustsystem so people can apply for trusts so they can have more than one auth for bots or something similair.

Thanks, I hope you get my point ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:01 pm 

speaking of maxlogin, there's an already an existent topic opened about it, you should check it out what is all about, as for this feature to be enabled again, i truly doubt that it'll be enabled again, as for authing your eggdrop my question would be, why would need a bot to be logged in? if you want to login your egg and you don't want to abuse our policy of owning/using more than ONE username, you may login your egg with your username account but you'll remain with no username in other words you'll be unlogged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:09 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

Actually bot's technically are not allowed a username at all.

When maxlogins was enabled it was still not allowed to be used by bots. :(

As with BNC's there are major security issues with personal bots, especially when they are given high level access, as anyone with access to the bot effectively can then use the bots access in X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:28 pm 

Sometimes its useful. but unfortunatly its abused by many. they already abuse one username so how about two.
As i dont use a bnc, i keep my pc at home loged in.. but when im at work or whevere and i pass by irc, unfortunatly i can't login because my pc at home is loged in already :(

c'est la vie..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:12 pm 

Well you could use your PC even if you're at work an example would be radmin but your PC would be exposed. in other words it's not such a great idea but still :roll:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]