It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:46 am 
Undernet IRC Operator

Ok, you guys dont need "undernet representatives" to verify that what's being said is true.

The fact of the matter is that things are constantly being done. Right now its man against machine. Plus our regular user to oper ratio is very big (like 1.7k users per oper)

With that being said, users are gullible enough to click on links that install these malicious spam scripts, thats what makes it hard. ISPs dont cooperate on many ends, which DO make our efforts useless, but we still try. One thing you guys cannot see is the amount of glines and cleaning attempts undernet operators undergo per day. We are constantly at work trying to solve things that can be solved. Users want us to be flawless, the fact of the matter is we cant be flawless, we're human, we have lives. Dont get us wrong, we constantly try to clean up messes that pop up.

As far as drones go, things are being done to help out with that, once again, isps are pretty much uncooperative on many scales, some are. We try to clean hosts if possible, we are also developing new technology by the day. Things will gradually shift on that front. Plus massive attacks can be initiated by blindly killing off drone nets. Users say they can "live with it" the admins hosting a free service cannot, however.

Just my two cents worth,
Compy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:19 am 

Nice thread but a useless one. You aspect a reply from some Undernet admin but you could realise that people who have to power to do some major changes on this network doesn't bother to read and write on this forum. Actually I can bet that they don't an user on this forum so all this posts regarding this problem is useless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:33 pm 
Forum Moderator

The-judge i have seen undernet coders logging on the forum...but there is things such as not showing your status on the forum and they can appear under Hidden...when online....or they can have another username registered, without using their identity from irc...you can never know....but don`t make pressumtions without any base....

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:35 am 

You don't need a "base" for what i said. Everybody can see that. There are a lot of threads which need a "final decission" from somebody in that domain, like this one, so...don't tell me that there are ppl with "power" who sees this threads and even there would be, they don't post, so this equal to 0

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2