It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is this what they do on help channels?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:48 pm 

sorry to say but this is what undernet helpers do banning people without a damn good reason.

* You were kicked from #CService by X ((nIckmenza) The Great Pretender. Don't impersonate officials here)

* You were kicked from #arlington by X ((nIckmenza) The Great Pretender. Don't impersonate officials here)

Is this the type of service you guys give.. is this helping??? I even asked what was the reason and there was no reply. I dont find that I was impersonating any officials of undernet. He must be a dumb guy who just didnt looked carefully. My username xplorer doesnt have anything to do with any officials of undernet and its free will to make my own username here that it even says on cservice site clearly that I can have my own username, but this is what I got when I joined in there for help for the first time. So helpers use there power over users who join there asking for help. nice help by the officials. bravo bravo. keep up the good work nice job done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:56 pm 
Forum Moderator

Actually, undernet has been dealing with that kind of problem since there are many lamers around the network who want to use nicks/usernames similar to officials just to appear "cool" or to confuse unexperienced users.

Your nickname/username happens to be similar to the ones a Cservice admins uses. Actually the manage of Cservice. Sure you are entitled to use any nickname/username you like as long as your actions stay in certain limits..

The volunteer who banned you has alot of experience and has probably dealed with issues like that before. His only concern was to avoid any problems you might cause. He did a mistake, people do that because they are human, i`m not trying to excuse him just to explain you his actions.

There is no need to blame him and start a topic here generaliseing the way undernet assist users, as we are talking about one case here. You could have contacted one of the channels` admin and explain him your situation if you sustain that nickmenza didn`t reply to you. I seriously doubt that as i know him and he would have at least tell you the reason.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:22 am 

My username is not similar to an officials nick/username as you can see you can read english clearly and that helper who did it can see that as well but the helper didnt show his professionalism at what he is doing, just kicked out without any good reason and when asked twice there was no reply from him I asked him TWICE to give a damn good reason? His kick message says I am impersonating how can he be so sure? you can even question him and find what I have done in there? He cant show you proof. Dealing with these kinds of situations is to kick out without questionning a user who joins in those help channels, is that what they do? question him anything that I have done in there? have I gone over my limits in there?
talking about one case, I cant believe this is the first case which have happened in there only because I am posting it here it became the first case sure there are lot of cases like this. I can assure you there are Unprofessional volunteers like him in those channels. sorry to say but this is the way it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 am 

lets start:

1. you come here to say what happens on 2 different channels without any other paste from discution so we must say that you was banned onjoin.(is that true?or not? who knows)

Quote:
didnt show his professionalism

if you want professional help then you have to pay.So you have first to understand that undernet is organization and everything is free.

3.If you didnt know you have to learn that the ops on every channel on undernet didnt need a reason to ban you on their chan.They can accept you or not.IS SO SIMPLE.
they can ban you cause you are the user number 666 joined on channel for example.NO REASON NEEDED AND NO EXCUSE NEEDED ALSO.

4.you join #cservice and #arlington why not #zt or #help?

5.if you want your post to be productive then ask your question (what you want to ask on #cservice) and lets see if you will be helped.

that all and hope you have a nice chat.

P.S. i am just a simple user and no voluntear.
And i have no idea whois the person who bans you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:27 pm 

first thing first, once you joined a channel consider yourself as a visitor. Any channel operator can kicked your ass out from the channel with or without a prior reason. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:13 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

xplorer your problem on #CService is me, my nickname, X username, and forum username are all xplora (note the a instead of er).

Most help channel will not help anyone that looks like one of the following:

X, CService, a well known irc op, a well known CService Official.

I am a fairly well known Senior CService Administrator.

I can only suggest you try using a different nickname when asking for help on #CService

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:31 pm 
Forum Moderator

Questions answered, reason supplied and clarified. I don't see the point of keeping this topic open anymore.

Topic Locked.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]