It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:15 am

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:38 pm 

Hey.
"One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever." This is a chinese proverb. Etherfast just had an idea and I see nothing bad on that. To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. We should keep in mind: To respond is positive, to react is negative.
Personally, I'd go for Wolfyx as trainee, k1dnapper as CService Representative, Leoo as CService Admin, and ...I can't choose one of CService Senior Admins, because all of them are very active and they're doing a great job. And yes, EVERYONE that once upon a time gave an adivce, a little help or had a talk that made a user /quit happy, is the best. I just mentioned the most active helpers :-)
Best regards and keep up the good work! :D

Post subject: My Vote
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:57 am 

As volunteers are : Spidel , LadyLu , Etherfast,
As Cservice representative : veroushka , zappstiko , Mervin
As Cservice administrators and seniors : Leoo , BobsKC , Saralee , chin00k
And as opers : Hidden, Laccc , |MAXIM|9

Keep the good work!!!

Greedo

Post subject: volunteer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:22 am 
Forum Moderator

Hi Greedo,

Excuse me but, aren't they all volunteers ? (Isn't everyone who is helping on Undernet a volunteer ? According to your post, persons with 'official status' aren't volunteers.)

Quote:
A volunteer is someone who performs or offers to perform a service out of his own free will.

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer

Lets make some things clear: everybody who is mentioned in this thread is a volunteer. Nobody is paid.

Best Regards,
Mit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:00 pm 
Forum Moderator

Seems this is Cservice's corner :) /me looks at the topic starter ;)

I'm not going to point out any names, those that do the work, know who they are - so:

Thanks guys for making undernet a better place for us all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:22 pm 
#help member

Mitko the bro rules ! :wink: ( Although I totally agree with Mitko's previous post, I decided to propose him, because he thought of the people that are active '' behind the scenes '' )

Regards, tT :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:10 am 

Volunteers : DJ-DM
CService Representatives : none
CService Administrators :BobsKC,intoit
IRC Operators : compy, pryz

Hekimoglu®

Post subject: RE: volunteer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:30 am 

Hi Mitko,

i understand your point,

but .. as volunteer ... i mean .. the helpers no have "Official" status, like representative or admins.

i'm consider myself as volunteer too .. that's why i understand you.

Best Regards,

Greedo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:18 pm 

Mitko means 'volunteer' as a general word, not a position in a help channel. I believe that's what you are confusing. For example in cservice, you find the word volunteer associated with 'newcomer' 'newbie' ..meaning they don't have any position in the organization yet, like trainees/representatives/admins. but ALL of them are people that, let's say..'invest' their time into making Undernet a better place, and i admire and congratule them for doing so. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:50 pm 
Forum Moderator

<modified> I really don't want to repeat myself but, here I go again: everyone who is mentioned in this thread is a volunteer no matter what position (s)he is. IRC Operators are volunteers, Cservice Administrators are volunteers, Cservice Representatives are volunteers. And, please read my previous post again.

So, in cservice the word volunteer is associated with 'newcomer' and 'newbie'. Well, then cservice has some weird thoughts about English terms. I don't have any Cservice official status so, nice to meet you, I am Mitko the newbie! Btw, by definition "A newbie is one who is new to the world of online communications". <modified>. I really appreciate you for telling me the Cservice "logic". I did not know that some people have so weird thoughts about normal English words. Anyway, I doubt it is the logic of all cservice volunteers, but of some. Hopefully, in the most non-profit organizations (and Undernet projects) where I am part of, nobody cares about the position, but about the knowledge.

This is an appeal to everybody confusing the terms, please check an English dictonary about them. You can also use Google's define: function, and Wikipedia as well. I really don't want to repeat the same things again in case you still don't understand and think that I am confused. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mit.

Last edited by Mitko on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:04 pm 
Forum Moderator

Continuing Mitko's post, the position of helper is non-existent on the UndernetIRC Network.

The helper status is popular among UnrealIRC and PTlink, that included as oper flags, a +h one. Helpers were thought to be Ircops in training, that only have access to oper info, but cannot do kills/k/g-lines. They also had a line in their whois information something like : "Nick looks helpful" or "Nick is a helper"

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:50 pm 

My previous post was for Greedo, not for you, mitko :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:03 pm 
Forum Moderator

Ok then, seems like it was a misunderstanding, sorry for mentioning you Wolfyx. But, the post still stays for all who mentioned 'volunteer' as apart from the other volunteers in this thread. Going to modify it and remove your nickname from my previous post. :)

Best Regards,
Mit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:52 pm 
Forum Moderator

Anyway it`s still the CSC member of the year as you only mention the Channel Service Committee and ircops. How about the User-com, Coder-com, Routing-com Admin-Com and that`s the so called official committees. How about all the respetfull help channel that do all their best in help users with virus removal, general help, modes etc etc etc.
All this seems to me just another Cservice bulls**t opened by some a$$kissers that want to be someone on undernet and thinks someone cares if they show us how much they apriciate their work.

For the more you cannot mention channel names in your posts as it is againts the AUP.

In my oppinion it is a USELESS thread that needs to be removed not locked.

Moderator note: If my post is offensive in any way, it is against the AUP and Mitko you are free to remove it at any time you seem right.

Regards,
The one who is not a big "helper" because he refused to kiss A$$es

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 pm 
Cservice Official

No one's asking for your opinion. If you do not have something nice to say, at least generally, I suggest you don't say nothing at all.

All you guys can do is arguing and starting flames, which is not nice.

In case I didn't make my opinion clear, you should cast your vote, or go read a book or something.
What's the point in the argue you started?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:11 am 
Forum Moderator

As far I can see, last year there was almost same thread as this one, right HERE. The topic was started in the Csevice section, but it was moved by a moderator because there were mentioned people outside of CService. But still, 90% were people from CService.

This year it's almost the same situation. Seems like this time 90% are from CService again. This thread is disrespect to all Undernet Committees and Volunteers. This thread is a non-sense competition. With respect to some of the people who replied and had a good opinions about this voting thing, I am going to lock this thread in order to enforce the Forum AUP, and here goes the notice regarding this type of threads: if you wanted to mention the CService "staff of the year", you should have opened the thread in the 'Channel service help' section and keep naming people from CService only. That way everything would have been fine, and there wouldn't be any flames. In future, please keep this in mind.

Hopefully, topic locked.

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3