It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:30 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 2:12 pm 
After 30 days (?) of manager not logged in CService have 2 possibilities :
1. If the channel is active enough, Cservice will place NoPurge tag and will allowed the vote for another channel manager from the highest level ops in the chan.
2. If the channel is not active at all or abandoned, CService will purge it immediately.

#35+ @ Undernet IRC Manager

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uJay on 2002-05-16 12:38 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:12 pm 

... and your question was?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:20 pm 

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:50 pm 

oh my god :smile: this was a good one...:smile:i think that what ujay said it`s something normal and allready in use :smile: yoursirxy :smile: and logical...ujay...u were supose to state a question/problem/ideea here ... not just something that undernet allready has.Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:40 am 

Actually it's usualy 21 days .. not 30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:02 pm 

Actualy, this rule is not repected at all. In fact, a registered channel is hard to be purged (maybe only when lots of users request it becasue abuse or illegal stuf).
As an example, an old channel, registered with X is empty now (because lots of flame) and not even X is on the channle (its about #vulpita).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 12:36 am 
Cservice Officials allow the channel manager a period of 30 days to login. The channel is locked by a CS Administrator in the first 21 days if the manager didn't login. Channels that don't respect the AUP get more chances of being purged if the channel manager didn't login.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:19 am 
Ok. I've been enlightened by the post. Hehe. Thanks. So how do you say that a channel is "active" enough not to be purge? Just a question!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:23 pm 

P4rD0nM3 wrote:
Ok. I've been enlightened by the post. Hehe. Thanks. So how do you say that a channel is "active" enough not to be purge? Just a question!

I'm not an official of CService but I can say what I do know. Maybe it would help you in this dilema.
A channel once formed belongs to it's manager.
When a manager is gone more than the time limit setted, the CService tries to get in contact to him by checking if he/she can be retraced through him/her e-mail address.
If they can't trace the manager the others channel administrators get a notice (via e-mails a.f.a.i.k.) noting them that the channel requires a new manager.
The new manager it's elected from the administrators of that channel by the vote of the administrators.
Only if the CService can't get in touch with administrators from X's database of that channel the channel will be purged.
So, as you see the decision to purge a channel has it's own steps who need to be followed. It's not a simple matter. It's rather a delicate one as, by the dissapearence of the owner, the channel belongs to the comunity that by using the room makes it 'active'.
And in my humble oppinion the CService handles this matter with more than a special attention and they do a great job.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCM d-- s+:- a- C++ UL P+ L++ E W++ N+ o-- K- w
O- M V PS+++ PE Y+ PGP t 5 X+ R tv-- b++ DI++ D+
G e++ h r- y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:51 pm 

Hi,

I used to be manager in a channel, is there a way I can have this status again? Now I see in the channel:

"Manager has failed to login, a vote for a new mgr will be held. Level 400+ ops ( email intoit@undernet.org & put #channelname in subject for instructions )"

I read that it was for 21/30 days without login. So can the manager recover that status without that voting process?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:47 pm 
Cservice Official

Golbez Harvey wrote:
Hi,

I used to be manager in a channel, is there a way I can have this status again? Now I see in the channel:

"Manager has failed to login, a vote for a new mgr will be held. Level 400+ ops ( email intoit@undernet.org & put #channelname in subject for instructions )"

I read that it was for 21/30 days without login. So can the manager recover that status without that voting process?

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for opening a 3 years old topic ;)

Well, if there's a topic for a vote in progress, that's because the manager didn't log in for more than 21 days.
If the manager logged in before the end of the vote (as it seems), the vote will be automatically cancelled in 24 hours, and the channel will be restored to its previous form.

The only thing you have to be careful is that if the manager fails to login again for more than 21 days, that channel will get purged (X will leave the channel for good), without any warning or vote.

For any other information or questions, please join #CService .

Regards :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]