It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Undernet Democracy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:33 pm 

1) You put YOUR channel name in your signature and they remove your posts. It means, you can't be proud of your channel.. if you do, they'll be proud of removing your posts. "Simple as that".

2) There's always an IRCOP (not all of them, thanks god) using their priviledges (Yes, just a bit more of access level) to make them feel better then you. They forget there's thousand better skilled then them. Being an IRCOP or CService Official doesn't mean they are BETTER then us, the users. If we all quite, Undernet would have only opers and admins.. and it'd be useless! funless!

3) You join #CService to help as a volunteer and you can't just say a helper that he may be mistake, when they have no idea about what they are talking about. Yes, that's incredible but there are still some helpers in #CService that doesn't knows a bit of how X works and even if you paste them the C++ codes they won't believe.. Why? Because THEY are the helpers (oh god!), they are always right, even if the C++ lines of code from GNUWorld says they ARE NOT. And don't tell me it have been modified bla bla bla...!

4) You always must wait thousand of days for replies like "We can't help". "You'll need to reregister your channel again". Not talking about that "help channels" that always have 30 ops bot none care for you.

5) Everything is a right, not a priviledge. In short, you have the RIGHT of choose another network. Where administrators RESPECT AND CARE ABOUT YOU. I hope Undernet changes this "ego-centrated" "helpers" before they loose more users each day... it's plenty of network using the same GREAT Services Coder-Com provides but with a difference, normal people in the charge.... like you and me!

Post subject: Re: Undernet Democracy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:18 pm 

TheTrue wrote:
1) You put YOUR channel name in your signature and they remove your posts. It means, you can't be proud of your channel.. if you do, they'll be proud of removing your posts. "Simple as that".

Read the Undernet Forum AUP in case you haven't.

TheTrue wrote:
2) There's always an IRCOP (not all of them, thanks god) using their priviledges (Yes, just a bit more of access level) to make them feel better then you. They forget there's thousand better skilled then them. Being an IRCOP or CService Official doesn't mean they are BETTER then us, the users. If we all quite, Undernet would have only opers and admins.. and it'd be useless! funless!

Nobody said it would.

TheTrue wrote:
3) You join #CService to help as a volunteer and you can't just say a helper that he may be mistake, when they have no idea about what they are talking about. Yes, that's incredible but there are still some helpers in #CService that doesn't knows a bit of how X works and even if you paste them the C++ codes they won't believe.. Why? Because THEY are the helpers (oh god!), they are always right, even if the C++ lines of code from GNUWorld says they ARE NOT. And don't tell me it have been modified bla bla bla...!

1) We are all volunteers and nobody said we can't be wrong, we're only humans being as well.

2) #Cservice as a help channel does not provide support with GnuWorld and "helpers" as you call them they are not obligated in any circumstances to know anything about it. And in case you did not know, there's a channel where you can get help in #coder-com.

TheTrue wrote:
4) You always must wait thousand of days for replies like "We can't help". "You'll need to reregister your channel again". Not talking about that "help channels" that always have 30 ops bot none care for you.

Well here you're wrong, we are trying to do the best to satisfy the users demand but unfortunately not all the answers they expect are positive.

TheTrue wrote:
5) Everything is a right, not a priviledge. In short, you have the RIGHT of choose another network. Where administrators RESPECT AND CARE ABOUT YOU. I hope Undernet changes this "ego-centrated" "helpers" before they loose more users each day... it's plenty of network using the same GREAT Services Coder-Com provides but with a difference, normal people in the charge.... like you and me!

Well you can always leave undernet for other networks, nobody is forcing you to stay. It's a priviledge of using the undernet services it's not about staying connected to the network.

P.S : And i wonder why you're hiding yourself behind an username like "TheTrue" ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:32 pm 

TheTrue wrote:

Sorry to be direct as that, but that sounded like a kid that needs his candy.

in other words, your not happy that your not a cservice rep, or ircop so you come and cry on the forum :/

not cool.

Enjoy undernet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:34 pm 

i smell mutany

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:50 pm 

Every single volunteer on #CService including the trainees are not allowed to answer any question unless they are not 100% sure i have myself passed through that stage so it's pointless saying that we are not sure of what we're saying, and regarding your argument that being a cservice official or IRC operator doesn't mean that they are special. as far as I'm using undernet I have not seen any cservice official or IRC Operator acting like a special personality or whatsoever. so your arguments are meaningless in a way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Hawkie wrote:
Every single volunteer on #CService including the trainees are not allowed to answer any question unless they are not 100% sure i have myself passed through that stage so it's pointless saying that we are not sure of what we're saying, and regarding your argument that being a cservice official or IRC operator doesn't mean that they are special. as far as I'm using undernet I have not seen any cservice official or IRC Operator acting like a special personality or whatsoever. so your arguments are meaningless in a way.

Just because you have not seen it, does not mean it doesn't happen.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]