It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Nobody is going to do anything?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:19 pm 

Hi there, even this is my first post i am a long time Undernet irc services user.

I guess first time posting with a complain is not the best, but I feel in the duty of doing it.

Some months ago, and maybe longer, undernet users are suffering the pest of the worst side of internet, i'm sure all undernet users know what i am talking about: drones, spammers, virus spreaders...

I admit sometimes,in the name of freedom, there is nothing to do, and that is the most i like from Irc in general and from Undernet in particular, but don't you think there are limits?

for example, what about these ips range? 86.104.223.* and 86.104.220.*

They feel at Undernet like at home; threating, insulting, stealing nicks, splitting servers, laughing at ircops face...

*** HeyHey is sloboz@86.104.220.177
*** HeyHey is «Sugi Pula»
*** HeyHey on *.undernet.org

<^HeyHey> hi, why did you take my nick?
<HeyHey> i like it :))))
<HeyHey> you are lucky i don't take your channel
<'HeyHey> I will have to catch an IRC op and report your abuse
<HeyHey> lamer
<HeyHey> i own undernet, i can split server at anytime, irops suck my dick

i don't wanna go on, if any admin or icop feels bored could go to #empire make some /whois and check himself what kind of users are these; just express my impotence when i notice that when they say "i own undernet" is true. Sad.

Post subject: Re: Nobody is going to do anything?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:54 pm 

first of all nicks are not owned, 2nd the problems related to drones/spambots/virus spreaders FORGET IT .... i think SanitariuM said enough and no, none will do anythin to stop em *DOH* ....

its called UNDERNET .. GET USED TO IT!! likea ll of us R :evil:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:31 pm 

Ok, nicks are not owned, and splitting servers to take nicks and then idle at the limbo of no channels or any kind of activity is ok?

Should Undernet users write viruses, collect a drones army, and flood servers to be able to recover hijacked nicks and avoid those kids laugh at our face?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:29 pm 

it's upto server administrators what is allowed or what isn't, but many things aren't allowed on undernet but yet nobody does a thing, why? well uhm a reason why they don't do anything, for them it's more importantly to maintain a server to keep it alive and running rather than clean it up even so they wouldn't dare to do that for the simple reason that there are many morons around the network which can ddos their servers and nobody would like to take or assume that risk, now would they? i doubt so. well you gotta get used to it with such things or better yet to move on in an other network or just quitting irc as i've done. personally for me it';s no longer fun but yet i do browse this forum 'cause this is the only place where i like to be.

Alright, take care and enjoy. :inlove:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:15 pm 

im dealing with people who spreads viruses everyday ... i even got a database of users and IP's that are runnin botnets .. for the day when people will wake up and do somethin :) .. till then all i can do is collect data :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:33 pm 

you want to learn how to hack, ddos, flood, take, be a lamer, type /server -m irc.undernet.org

this place is the "home" of the best hackers in the world, its a non-moderate chat where everyone can do everything they want,,

i am 12345432% sure that even ircops read this tread and they don't reply cauz they dont give a F|_|CK about it..

if they would start to gline every compromised hosts, the network would be less populated, and they don't have the knowledge to do good instead of bad..

this is how it works around here... do what you want and we will close our eyes...

easy.

XploreR :alien:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:19 pm 

You're opening another overly discussed subject, with bold comments i might add. If you had an O:line, you would see it's not so easy to 'gline every compromised host' etc. There are active opers that do their thing, and perhaps you'll once learn that taking down a 'hacker' or however you refer to them as, doesn't just take the ability to type a gline command, it takes finnesse, planning, anticipating, researching. This attitude you display is common for the plain b1tching user, that has nothing else to do but pout.
Sorry but this is not the first time i see you do it..whenever i wanna b1tch about something, i try and do it softly, discretely..you oughta do the same

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:23 pm 

You stress too much, your efforts on making him to understand are in vain. :inlove:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:02 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

Xaifas wrote:
im dealing with people who spreads viruses everyday ... i even got a database of users and IP's that are runnin botnets .. for the day when people will wake up and do somethin :) .. till then all i can do is collect data :roll:

the best thing you can do with that list, is mail the registered owners of those IP, that being the ISP's that the IP's are registered to, get them to look into the possible abuse of their service policies those bots are probably breaking. There is only so much Undernet can do, and g-lining botnets doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't even stop it, it doesn't even make it someone else problem, it just isn't enough, if you really want to help, instead of contacting undernet when you find those botnets, start contacting the ISP's (Internet Service Providers) the bots are coming from.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:52 pm 

xplora wrote:
Xaifas wrote:

the best thing you can do with that list, is mail the registered owners of those IP, that being the ISP's that the IP's are registered to, get them to look into the possible abuse of their service policies those bots are probably breaking. There is only so much Undernet can do, and g-lining botnets doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't even stop it, it doesn't even make it someone else problem, it just isn't enough, if you really want to help, instead of contacting undernet when you find those botnets, start contacting the ISP's (Internet Service Providers) the bots are coming from.

What should ISPs do against someone who does not break any of their policy? Those bots are some connections on irc who use to do something against network's policy, thats not an abuse of the service offered by the ISPs to their customers. That concerns the irc network's staff, to block or ban the abusers, not ISPs.
If you send such a list to ISPs their answer will most probably sound like - 'Why don't you block them if they break your rules? Why should we block and loose some funds from some customers because they break your rules? We don't see any damage brought to us by that customer, so we cannot block him.' Its obvious.

Everyone signs a contract for the internet connection, I don't think there's something like 'do not break any rules on any irc network' on any contract in this world.. they have their own rules, terms and conditions.. and irc bots do not break any of those rules, they do break irc network's rules which is a different thing and nobody will get blocked by the ISP for that.

The above answer also sounds like 'throw your proofs to the ISPs, as we're too lazy to clean up the mess' no offence, thats how I saw it, hehe :)

Take care :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:56 am 

i will completely aggree with toolz. Something needs to be done by OPERS guidelines should be updated/changed/revise, i say this cauz, i talked to 2 opers and they all say.. " We can't Gline Found Drones, we have some policy to follow...." :roll: give me a break...
Why when someone says, " i found a channel full of drones, or i have a drone ip list here.. "" you guys don't respond to it right away...

and drop the " there is a lot of planning to do..."

There was a lot of treads opened about this subject, and nothing as been done. looks like loading the network with a lot of drone is cool ... why don't we try ?? ... looks like its ok...

Undernet's policy and cleanup...
:classic: :classic: :classic:

XploreR :alien:

P.s. JUST DO IT! For God Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm 

xplora wrote:
Xaifas wrote:

Well there is another problem xplora ... the drones/zombies them self are just hidden irc clients so the one who has that IP its not aware of it ... AND the people who controls them .. they use CSERVICE USERS ( *!*@userhere.users.undernet.org) .... at least 95% of them, so i can't contact no isp with no ip to track ..... only cservice staff can see thru the hidden host :) so ....... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:48 pm 

Quote:
Well there is another problem xplora ... the drones/zombies them self are just hidden irc clients so the one who has that IP its not aware of it ... AND the people who controls them .. they use CSERVICE USERS ( *!*@userhere.users.undernet.org) .... at least 95% of them, so i can't contact no isp with no ip to track ..... only cservice staff can see thru the hidden host :) so ....... :roll:

What you say Xaifas is true - but allow me to make just a simple modification to your post, it`s not the cservice staff that checks the ips of the drones/bots but irc operators. CService deals only with X and registered channels, this i think you already know. Sorry for the interference

In a twisted kind of way, drones/bots + floods are a big problem on undernet, not just here but on all big irc networks. All of the officials help channels have guidelines that all users have to folow, operators and simple users that join the channel - different guidelines from channel to channel but also from the position that a user has in the network: irc operator or #CService operator etc - different guidelines, different works to attend to.

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm 

I know what cservice deals with See .. i only said that they can see thru the hidden host ... not that they have to deal of them .... most of the network staff can i think .... anyway .... for that 5% im gona do what i have to do .... for the rest ... duno .. :hurt:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm 

your posts are useless... do you really think that something will change ???

your dreaming in HDTV guys, just forget it. the admins/oper... DON'T CARE AT ALL!!!!

just stop talking about it...

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next