It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: BitchX
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:23 pm 

I have been having problems with the client I used to use so experimenting with others that run on Windows. One such client is BitchX. When trying to install it I got a message indicating that I was missing the following file cygwin1.dll. I don't quite know whether to simply search for this file and place it in the proper directory, install Cygwin (and if so what spefic elements), or is there another option that I have not come across?
There is little documentation available not only on this point but on configuring this client.

Post subject: Re: BitchX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:27 pm 

Cygwin1.dll errors are usually caused by instances that lead to the removal or corruption of the cygwin1 DLL file.

In some cases, cygwin1.dll errors could indicate there is a registry problem, or there may be a virus or malware issue.

Check out this site for more assistance: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerr ... -error.htm

Post subject: Re: BitchX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:10 pm 

For this dll file to be present do I not have to install one of the Cygwin packages? If so, which one would serve my objective? Or, can I simply create the directory "C:\cygwin\bin" and copy the dll file without the installation of any of the packages?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]