It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: table tennis
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:11 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 1
How do I reduce the diameter of a table tennis ball? The ball must pass through a hole smaller than the current diameter of a table tennis ball. The ball must then return to its normal shape and size.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:22 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Backyard
Pre-order the ball specially designed for your requirements. :wink:

P.S: This isn't the right place to ask, i don't think your newly opened topic has anything to do with the purpose of this forum.



_________________
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:38 pm
Posts: 60
step 1. Crush it, and be careful not to break the surface.

step 2. Pass it through the hole as specified.

step 3. Boil it in a pan of water and the ball will be restored.

step 4. Profit.



_________________
Nothing says "Obey me" like a bloody head on a fencepost. -Stewie Griffin-
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 am 
Forum Super Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 606
Location: Virginia, USA
Spidel wrote:
Pre-order the ball specially designed for your requirements. :wink:

P.S: This isn't the right place to ask, i don't think your newly opened topic has anything to do with the purpose of this forum.


I approved this post for this section of our forum, where you can also find these threads:

*What's your sport?
*Change a Letter Game
*What's your favorite football team ?
*Happy Birthday!
*Almost Halloween time!
*Happy Mother's Day 2009

... among other threads that don't seem to have anything to do with the "purpose" of the forum.

This section is set as:
Quote:
General posts
here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums


However, I tend to agree with you. There are quite a few threads like this one, that I find not quite on topic for the Undernet Forum, but I do try to be objective and allow posts that are not abusive or spam.

Probably the best thing to do is just scroll past posts that are not right for you.
Image
~Eenie
;-)



_________________
Just a small fish in a big sea Image
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:22 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Backyard
Eenie wrote:
Spidel wrote:
Pre-order the ball specially designed for your requirements. :wink:

P.S: This isn't the right place to ask, i don't think your newly opened topic has anything to do with the purpose of this forum.


I approved this post for this section of our forum, where you can also find these threads:

*What's your sport?
*Change a Letter Game
*What's your favorite football team ?
*Happy Birthday!
*Almost Halloween time!
*Happy Mother's Day 2009

... among other threads that don't seem to have anything to do with the "purpose" of the forum.

This section is set as:
Quote:
General posts
here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums


However, I tend to agree with you. There are quite a few threads like this one, that I find not quite on topic for the Undernet Forum, but I do try to be objective and allow posts that are not abusive or spam.

Probably the best thing to do is just scroll past posts that are not right for you.
Image
~Eenie
;-)


Lovely, thanks for clarifying. Image



_________________
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:59 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 pm
Posts: 1
rerejaby wrote:
How do I reduce the diameter of a table tennis ball? The ball must pass through a hole smaller than the current diameter of a table tennis ball. The ball must then return to its normal shape and size.


hmmmm..... make a small hole to in the ball... heat is gradually (steaming it should be the safest way)... then put it in the freezer... freezing stuff will shrink it...

when the ball gets to room temp, it will go back to it's original size


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:27 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:05 pm
Posts: 4
Freeze the ball in the coldest freezer you can find. Internal pressures should hopefully drop enough to contract the ball. When you want to pass the ball through the hole, take it out on a day having high barometric pressure. Hopefully, with the higher pressure on the outside and the lower pressure on the inside it will contract enough to pass through the hole. If that doesn't work dip the ball into liquid nitrogen to get a greater contraction. If that doesn't work, take a hammer, whack the ball to flatten, fold, whack again and it should work.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: table tennis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:49 pm
Posts: 408
Location: Southeast Asia, Philippines
I think this is not the right path to discuss that thing :wink:



_________________
I love Maria Katrina Rey
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: