It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 11
Just found out this, so sorry if I'm outdated ; the new server is 95.141.29.10 (the DNS isn't working for now..Hamburg.DE.EU.undernet.org), with maxchan=30, ports: 6660-6670, 7000.. more info /motd. So after a few delinks, this is a good news, more because people seem to lose interest in Undernet//

Ohh.. and someone should update the Undernet server list..



_________________
--------------------
  slang@IRC (Undernet)                          _     _
                                              o' \,=./ `o
Welcome to the end of the thought process.       (o o)
                                        -----ooO--(_)--Ooo---
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:06 am
Posts: 182
Location: Behind You!
slang wrote:
Ohh.. and someone should update the Undernet server list..


As usual, the person in charge of the website is too lazy to do it, its been years..
i would like to suggest to appoint someone else with this task, someone who has time and WANTS to do it for the people, and not just to keep an admin status, as it seems to be a bad habbit on undernet...
Lots of opers, lots of admins, but not a lot of stuff happenning...
Undernet is in my opinion the WORST Network seen from a user point of view.



_________________
Image
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here.
It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm
Posts: 7
Very true xplora , Undernet needs to be refreshed.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 pm 
Undernet Webmasters

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 25
Reason why servers are not update as often as you'd want is that if a server is offline, it doesn't mean it's permanently delinked, hence no reason in removing it.

As for the webmaster, his not really an admin ya see, so it's not like he's doing this for his status. Changes in webpages need to go through a lot of discussions and approvals. It's not one man's choice.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 pm 
Forum Super Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 606
Location: Virginia, USA
Rufus wrote:
Reason why servers are not update as often as you'd want is that if a server is offline, it doesn't mean it's permanently delinked, hence no reason in removing it.

Well, your first sentence has nothing to do with why the servers page is not updated in a timely fashion.

Quote:
As for the webmaster, his not really an admin ya see, so it's not like he's doing this for his status. Changes in webpages need to go through a lot of discussions and approvals. It's not one man's choice.

As for the second sentence, it sounds to me like it is poor management if it takes jumping through hoops to get the server age updated. It requires rather frequent updates. And there is a least one webmaster who can make these changes without getting permission ;-)

My opinion is that no one with any authority actually cares enough to keep the servers page updated.

~Eenie




_________________
Just a small fish in a big sea Image
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:18 am 

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 2
As long as Undernet consists in rude and selfish coordinators nothing will be done right and nothing will change, and this will be the main reason for Undernet's sudden and painful death!

Undernet needs new and young volunteers instead of old and rusty ones, and when i say young its not about the new generation of kids who think that they own the Undernet just because they gained some Helper status ;)

Keep that in mind, you will agree someday!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:22 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Backyard
xplo wrote:
slang wrote:
Ohh.. and someone should update the Undernet server list..


As usual, the person in charge of the website is too lazy to do it, its been years..
i would like to suggest to appoint someone else with this task, someone who has time and WANTS to do it for the people, and not just to keep an admin status, as it seems to be a bad habbit on undernet...
Lots of opers, lots of admins, but not a lot of stuff happenning...
Undernet is in my opinion the WORST Network seen from a user point of view.


I'm really sorry if this is going to hello you off but you constantly whine about something. You shouldn't worry about what others do, you should worry about what you can do for the network as a user instead of complaining. If you really care about this network, you need to use a different approach. Try to be more creative by posting ideas/suggestions and so forth, surely you will be listened not ignored as you may think you are. Also you shouldn't care how many opers/admins they are in this network, they have earnt their status. If you were one of them, i don't think you would have liked to hear from somebody indirectly or directly that you are worthless (it will annoy you) when he probably doesn't know what's happening behind the scene and i can assure you a lot of things are going on.

m3alem wrote:
Very true xplora , Undernet needs to be refreshed.


He's not xplora, you're talking to a different person. Many people tend to confuse xplo with him, we had several issues in the past with his nickname in #Cservice but now it's all right.


MelekTaus wrote:

Undernet needs new and young volunteers instead of old and rusty ones, and when i say young its not about the new generation of kids who think that they own the Undernet just because they gained some Helper status ;)

Keep that in mind, you will agree someday!


I'm not going to be disagreable with you but hear me out for a second


Let's assume for a moment coordination within undernet committiees will change, from where you will get fresh blood when IRC is no longer a trend? This is my question. I've been here for a long time and the activity within chat/help channels you name it is really really low unlike in other years and it's in a continously drop. In the end only the eldest people who have been using this network from the very beginning will be here.

If there weren't any old / rusted volunteers as you say, I wouldn't have learnt anything throughout the years. Personally i believe they are good assets for this network even though sometimes they have senility moments which doesn't do good to the network itself but overall they did a really good job as they kept this network still alive, we should encourage them and applaud them for the work they have done so far.

And i rest my case.



_________________
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 pm 
Forum Super Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 606
Location: Virginia, USA
Spidel wrote:
I'm not going to be disagreable with you but hear me out for a second

Let's assume for a moment coordination within undernet committiees will change, from where you will get fresh blood when IRC is no longer a trend? This is my question. I've been here for a long time and the activity within chat/help channels you name it is really really low unlike in other years and it's in a continously drop. In the end only the eldest people who have been using this network from the very beginning will be here.

If there weren't any old / rusted volunteers as you say, I wouldn't have learnt anything throughout the years. Personally i believe they are good assets for this network even though sometimes they have senility moments which doesn't do good to the network itself but overall they did a really good job as they kept this network still alive, we should encourage them and applaud them for the work they have done so far.

And i rest my case.


I think I just had a "senility" moment!
Image
~Eenie



_________________
Just a small fish in a big sea Image
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:22 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Backyard
Eenie meenie miney mo!!!!!!!!! You and your monkey faces Image



_________________
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:06 am
Posts: 182
Location: Behind You!
Spidel wrote:
He's not xplora, you're talking to a different person. Many people tend to confuse xplo with him, we had several issues in the past with his nickname in #Cservice but now it's all right.


:inlove:



_________________
Image
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here.
It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 2
Quote:
Spidel wrote:

I'm not going to be disagreable with you but hear me out for a second

Let's assume for a moment coordination within undernet committiees will change, from where you will get fresh blood when IRC is no longer a trend? This is my question. I've been here for a long time and the activity within chat/help channels you name it is really really low unlike in other years and it's in a continously drop. In the end only the eldest people who have been using this network from the very beginning will be here.

If there weren't any old / rusted volunteers as you say, I wouldn't have learnt anything throughout the years. Personally i believe they are good assets for this network even though sometimes they have senility moments which doesn't do good to the network itself but overall they did a really good job as they kept this network still alive, we should encourage them and applaud them for the work they have done so far.

And i rest my case.


There are a lot of IRC Networks with growing population, the problem is that Undernet should try a different approach than before :)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 am 
Senior Cservice Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 564
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
m3alem wrote:
Very true xplora , Undernet needs to be refreshed.

uhm, I need to point out that xplo is not me.



_________________
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm
Posts: 7
xplora wrote:
m3alem wrote:
Very true xplora , Undernet needs to be refreshed.

uhm, I need to point out that xplo is not me.

yep, it was a mistake I said 'xplora' and i meant 'xplo' --> m3alem is now know as xploration <-- :P


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: