It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 pm 

Just found out this, so sorry if I'm outdated ; the new server is 95.141.29.10 (the DNS isn't working for now..Hamburg.DE.EU.undernet.org), with maxchan=30, ports: 6660-6670, 7000.. more info /motd. So after a few delinks, this is a good news, more because people seem to lose interest in Undernet//

Ohh.. and someone should update the Undernet server list..

Welcome to the end of the thought process.       (o o)
                                        -----ooO--(_)--Ooo---

Post subject: Re: New Undernet Server
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:35 pm 

slang wrote:

As usual, the person in charge of the website is too lazy to do it, its been years..
i would like to suggest to appoint someone else with this task, someone who has time and WANTS to do it for the people, and not just to keep an admin status, as it seems to be a bad habbit on undernet...
Lots of opers, lots of admins, but not a lot of stuff happenning...
Undernet is in my opinion the WORST Network seen from a user point of view.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm 

Very true xplora , Undernet needs to be refreshed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 pm 
Undernet Webmasters

Reason why servers are not update as often as you'd want is that if a server is offline, it doesn't mean it's permanently delinked, hence no reason in removing it.

As for the webmaster, his not really an admin ya see, so it's not like he's doing this for his status. Changes in webpages need to go through a lot of discussions and approvals. It's not one man's choice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Rufus wrote:
Reason why servers are not update as often as you'd want is that if a server is offline, it doesn't mean it's permanently delinked, hence no reason in removing it.

Well, your first sentence has nothing to do with why the servers page is not updated in a timely fashion.

Quote:
As for the webmaster, his not really an admin ya see, so it's not like he's doing this for his status. Changes in webpages need to go through a lot of discussions and approvals. It's not one man's choice.

As for the second sentence, it sounds to me like it is poor management if it takes jumping through hoops to get the server age updated. It requires rather frequent updates. And there is a least one webmaster who can make these changes without getting permission ;-)

My opinion is that no one with any authority actually cares enough to keep the servers page updated.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:18 am 

As long as Undernet consists in rude and selfish coordinators nothing will be done right and nothing will change, and this will be the main reason for Undernet's sudden and painful death!

Undernet needs new and young volunteers instead of old and rusty ones, and when i say young its not about the new generation of kids who think that they own the Undernet just because they gained some Helper status ;)

Keep that in mind, you will agree someday!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:48 pm 

xplo wrote:
slang wrote:

As usual, the person in charge of the website is too lazy to do it, its been years..
i would like to suggest to appoint someone else with this task, someone who has time and WANTS to do it for the people, and not just to keep an admin status, as it seems to be a bad habbit on undernet...
Lots of opers, lots of admins, but not a lot of stuff happenning...
Undernet is in my opinion the WORST Network seen from a user point of view.

I'm really sorry if this is going to hello you off but you constantly whine about something. You shouldn't worry about what others do, you should worry about what you can do for the network as a user instead of complaining. If you really care about this network, you need to use a different approach. Try to be more creative by posting ideas/suggestions and so forth, surely you will be listened not ignored as you may think you are. Also you shouldn't care how many opers/admins they are in this network, they have earnt their status. If you were one of them, i don't think you would have liked to hear from somebody indirectly or directly that you are worthless (it will annoy you) when he probably doesn't know what's happening behind the scene and i can assure you a lot of things are going on.

m3alem wrote:

He's not xplora, you're talking to a different person. Many people tend to confuse xplo with him, we had several issues in the past with his nickname in #Cservice but now it's all right.

MelekTaus wrote:

Undernet needs new and young volunteers instead of old and rusty ones, and when i say young its not about the new generation of kids who think that they own the Undernet just because they gained some Helper status ;)

Keep that in mind, you will agree someday!

I'm not going to be disagreable with you but hear me out for a second

Let's assume for a moment coordination within undernet committiees will change, from where you will get fresh blood when IRC is no longer a trend? This is my question. I've been here for a long time and the activity within chat/help channels you name it is really really low unlike in other years and it's in a continously drop. In the end only the eldest people who have been using this network from the very beginning will be here.

If there weren't any old / rusted volunteers as you say, I wouldn't have learnt anything throughout the years. Personally i believe they are good assets for this network even though sometimes they have senility moments which doesn't do good to the network itself but overall they did a really good job as they kept this network still alive, we should encourage them and applaud them for the work they have done so far.

And i rest my case.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Spidel wrote:

Let's assume for a moment coordination within undernet committiees will change, from where you will get fresh blood when IRC is no longer a trend? This is my question. I've been here for a long time and the activity within chat/help channels you name it is really really low unlike in other years and it's in a continously drop. In the end only the eldest people who have been using this network from the very beginning will be here.

If there weren't any old / rusted volunteers as you say, I wouldn't have learnt anything throughout the years. Personally i believe they are good assets for this network even though sometimes they have senility moments which doesn't do good to the network itself but overall they did a really good job as they kept this network still alive, we should encourage them and applaud them for the work they have done so far.

And i rest my case.

I think I just had a "senility" moment!
~Eenie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am 

Eenie meenie miney mo!!!!!!!!! You and your monkey faces Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:34 am 

Spidel wrote:
He's not xplora, you're talking to a different person. Many people tend to confuse xplo with him, we had several issues in the past with his nickname in #Cservice but now it's all right.

:inlove:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 pm 

Quote:
Spidel wrote:

And i rest my case.

There are a lot of IRC Networks with growing population, the problem is that Undernet should try a different approach than before :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

m3alem wrote:

uhm, I need to point out that xplo is not me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm 

xplora wrote:
m3alem wrote:

uhm, I need to point out that xplo is not me.

yep, it was a mistake I said 'xplora' and i meant 'xplo' --> m3alem is now know as xploration <-- :P

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]