It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: FaceBook
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 pm 

Hi all,

Here would like to find out who and who of us are using the social network ( facebook )? i've started a new group ( undernet.org )in facebook for all the undernet users :-) Tell me about your views on this :-)

thanks
Nick

Post subject: Re: FaceBook
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 am 
Forum Moderator

I'm using facebook. There are 7 groups called Undernet, and 3 groups called undernet.org which is a bad thing :) They're also using the undernet logo, which is a copyrighted material. I guess some action should be taken, so only 1 group is left. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:59 am 

Mitko wrote:
I'm using facebook. There are 7 groups called Undernet, and 3 groups called undernet.org which is a bad thing :) They're also using the undernet logo, which is a copyrighted material. I guess some action should be taken, so only 1 group is left. :)

can we report it and make one official one?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:39 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

I have created an official CService one.

It should be noted, that if you request an invite, you will need to send me a supporting email to help me recognise you, as I am only accepting actual CService members into the group.

Last edited by xplora on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 pm 

Mmmm, xplora is using facebook? that's a must SEE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:31 am 

Quote:
Mitko Said
I'm using facebook. There are 7 groups called Undernet, and 3 groups called undernet.org which is a bad thing :) They're also using the undernet logo, which is a copyrighted material. I guess some action should be taken, so only 1 group is left.

How is the undernet logo copyright material ? copyright to whom ? in the eyes of the law *undernet does not exist* as said before why radio stations have not been allowed, etc, as then the 'owner' would be liable for all the illegal activity that goes on(which we all know), and if you dont believe me, go out and ask any -admin@ on undernet, undernet cannot be copyrighted in anyway as *It simply does not exist*.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:48 pm 

copyright is with the creator (who you'll need their permission first). ANYTHING you creat is automatically copyrighted. However, copyright law is NOT the same in all parts of the world.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:00 am 
Forum Moderator

Huggins wrote:
How is the undernet logo copyright material ? copyright to whom ? in the eyes of the law *undernet does not exist* as said before why radio stations have not been allowed, etc, as then the 'owner' would be liable for all the illegal activity that goes on(which we all know), and if you dont believe me, go out and ask any -admin@ on undernet, undernet cannot be copyrighted in anyway as *It simply does not exist*.

This is how it is copyrighted. Don't confuse the IRC network with the website.

Quote:
Copyright notice.
The copyright of graphics, design, HTML, PHP and SQL code remains with the authors.
The undernet logo is copyright by the undernet webmasters project admin.
The websites design and code may be used and modified by the Undernet irc network but
not be used on any other websites unless written approval from the authors of the code.

There was a group on facebook about rap which used an image from one of my websites. The fact that I own the websites, and I have a notice on the websites that all content is copyrighted by me gave me the right to request a removal of their group logo on facebook. It got removed in a few days. Now they have a new picture on the group.

This is how it works: you go to the group then click on "Report Group" in the bottom left corner, then you click on "Is this your copyrighted content?", then you read the text and click on the "automated DMCA form" link, and finally you fill out the form. If you do it properly, expect the logo to be removed in a few days. If they put the logo again, you do that again and you'll mention that they insist using the copyrighted logo, so the group might get removed from facebook.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:41 pm 

Huggins wrote:
in the eyes of the law *undernet does not exist*

how many illegal activities do you think that the law enforcement agencies stopped by using undernet.

undernet is known by law/police/gouv. if you want to find it, click here, http://undernet.org

IT DOES EXISTS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 am 

He he well, if you check it does not exists! try http://www.undernet.org but not only http://undernet.org.
And xplo, just a few lines I will add here. To be honest i think that for many kids undernet and not only was a start in life, they were playing around with shell`s , brute force, DdoS, war bots, bot net`s, and so on, but some of them had the chance to evolve in a good way, and i know those people who now in these day`s have a great job, and a great future if they keep doing the good work, i think undernet was bad for them in that time and by the way how it was to weak to keep up the steps with information and technology, and those times are gone, not many are in jail and not many are punished for what they did, maybe if undernet would had been more surrounded by that "police and law".

Oh my, to many lines!
:cry: Now they are gone, do not worry!

Do not judge me now. Try later!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:33 pm 

I find it ... Now i`m a UnderNet.Org Fan :) But we are like 5 Fan`s on it :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:49 am 
Yes Many illegal activities that have the law enforcement agencies stopped by using undernet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:10 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

-

Last edited by xplora on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:42 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

xplora wrote:
madelinax wrote:
How have social networks such as facebook influenced the lives of young people especially teenagers? You can explain in any perspective you understand the question. But it is all about how facebook has influenced young people and how we can use facebook to change the world today. You can give evidence as well.

The above is really a new topic. and probably should be split from this topic.

I did not move or remove the post yet, because I am awaiting the spam that will probably follow from this user, xplora. Spammers often use a "test" message such as this. Then their account will be deactivated and the posts will go "poof!"
~Eenie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 am 

How do I get friends' Facebook status updates forwarded to my cell phone? I don't remember how to set it up so that Facebook will send me a text message when certain friends update their status. Help?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next