It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: users.undernet.org
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:28 am 

website feedback or how to improve undernet.. i don't know. whatever you like.

you know there is a community script called phpfox (the one of myspace.com)

you could creat http://users.undernet.org by having a site like myspace.com where undernet users could have their own profiles on the undernet site.

its never late for renovation.

rather me having my profile on myspace.com or hi5.com i could have one on http://users.undernet.org/Stefano for example

"Now dont give me an excuse that we have thousands of users and not enough space for hosting.. and that hosting costs money..
well.. even a small hosting on netfirms or oneandone would do the job as they offer 300GB . Do you need more? i doubte."

So? when will it be done? =)

Post subject: Or..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 pm 

Or it could be http://channels.undernet.org/yourchannel/ where users can describe channels .. bla bla bla :P . If i'm not wrong dalnet haves this "option". It's nice because every user can have a webpage for his channel..

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 pm 

yes but this is for users. a community portal. in fact for channels it can be done too

Post subject: Yeap..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:54 pm 

Both are a good idea .. but for that .. hosting is needed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:04 pm 

hosting is not a pb.

Post subject: Hmm..
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:26 am 

Then you start the project and if will be good.. maybe undernet will accept it :) what do you think of that ?

Post subject: Re: users.undernet.org
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:16 pm 

I have already. but not for undernet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:26 am 

As far as I know, dalnet had something like channels.dal.net which provided web hosting for a registered channel's website. Apparently it didn't work well, since they've shut it down. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:00 am 

DALnet are a bunch of losers.. thats what I know lol
their site hasn't been updated for centuries. see Millenniums

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:38 pm 

eh? they are still people. Doubt you'd like being called a loser by someone you have no idea who is he or she. but I agree Dalnet as a network is way worse than UnderNet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 am 

man its unchatable there.. its full of spam, bots, bnc .. i mean its i dono.. i use to be there then moved to Undernet back in 2000.. whenever i pass by there i cant stand more then 5 minuts.. people packeting eachothers.. and its well so lame.. so yes when i see this.. i call the network losers.
not mater how big is their size or their good previous irc history but today see what do they offer and believe me not much..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 pm 

lets admit it .. undernet is full of bots too .. and bot loaders are usualy romanians , macedonians and turkish people... (i don't include all) and they are kids. I am from romania too and i don't like what romanian kids are doing (floods/bots/clones/drones etc.).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:44 pm 

`Dan wrote:
lets admit it .. undernet is full of bots too .. and bot loaders are usualy romanians , macedonians and turkish people... (i don't include all) and they are kids. I am from romania too and i don't like what romanian kids are doing (floods/bots/clones/drones etc.).

First of all we're not the people in measure that can affirm what statistics neither claim. If we would take your claims as an example, it's quite normally that romanian, turkish and macedonian people form a majority on Undernet so it looks like you're cutting few rotten apples in one million pieces.
Would be great to avoid such explanations which you say are representing the majority of a country.
(National flags/symbols typify the patriotic spirit and your claims typifies the problem)
Sorry for getting out of subject

Remember: IRC isn't only for chatting\fun also kinda verse line if can you look it as a tool, So people will be able to use it for different purposes. (self improvement, obtain information or just for fun)

Best regards/RevivaL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:10 pm 

Revival wrote:
`Dan wrote:

First of all we're not the people in measure that can affirm what statistics neither claim. If we would take your claims as an example, it's quite normally that romanian, turkish and macedonian people form a majority on Undernet so it looks like you're cutting few rotten apples in one million pieces.
Would be great to avoid such explanations which you say are representing the majority of a country.
(National flags/symbols typify the patriotic spirit and your claims typifies the problem)
Sorry for getting out of subject

Remember: IRC isn't only for chatting\fun also kinda verse line if can you look it as a tool, So people will be able to use it for different purposes. (self improvement, obtain information or just for fun)

Best regards/RevivaL

man stop philosophing! Dan is right.
yes we are in measure to do statistics... things are obvious. it doesnt need an einstein to notice that

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 pm 

Stefanoo, I pointed out something else than what's obvious right. And you're free to agree with my opinion or not.
In both way nothing give you right to be rude..
Dan's unofficial territorial definiton or statistis regarding the drone runners or something like that illegal stuff is totally crap.
Lately, there's a person I dont wanna mention his nick here, flooding channels with at leat 100 proxy bots, But he is not from Ro,Tr or MK and no matter what his country is in case as it doesn't change anything at all. The fact is On this earth named undernet every kind of people around as it's a international network and none can stop people deals with such kind of lame stuff. And we should NOT consider these lamers representing their countries with this way. As I wanted to pointed out that previously; Bad examples are never the right examples and believe that every country has such kind of people apart of human being, and we should NOT call them ''romanian people'' or ''turk people'' as because they're minority not majority.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next