It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:18 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

Ahh, so you have an issue with the fact we draw the line at actual law breaking. Being racist isn't against the law, it can't be, because everyone is racist, including me, including you.

If you read those documents you offered up as proof, they support our stance of letting those racist channels be registered. Reason, I hear you ask? Because they deal with actions taken in specific cercumstances, in short, in this perticular case, if you follow those documents, those racist channels have more rights to be registered than purged. If we were to purge them all, that would break everything those documents are about, since we would become the "evil" racist those documents are trying to deal with. This also applies to not registering any more of these types of channels.

Yes thats right, your whole argument to have those channels purged/rejected, just became proof they should be registered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:52 am 

No, sir. I have an issue with the fact that you draw the line where it comforts you.

Be aware of the fact that while racism is a belief and therefore cannot be regulated, it's main field of ideas is based on promoting racial discrimination, which is against the law in all the countries that have ratified the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination. And till today, there are 179 countries on this list.

Don't get me wrong again: since you run this network, you have the right to draw the line where you wish. But that doesn't mean you have drawn it correctly. You don't accept the exchange of copyrighted material, although it is generally known, that the user is the one responsible for what he does on the internet and not the service provider. But this is an illegal act which can be demonstrated fairly easy, and because the users who have committed it are hard to find and convict, you are the ones who might get hit with a lawsuit. Then again, racial discrimination is much harder to prove and it doesn't bother you, because it doesn't take up much bandwidth and so you choose not to care about it. - You draw the line where it comforts you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:17 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

Let me put what you are asking in terms I believe you will understand.

In order for us to do what you ask, WE would have to become racist.

Racism is about choosing to hate another group of people based on the opinions they have of that group of people, and choosing to do things such as not allowing that group to do things on that basis. So in short if Undernet and CService were to start rejecting racist groups from registering channels we would be as racist as the racist groups are.

By allowing them to be registered Undernet and CService are choosing not to be as racist as the racist groups are.

btw, I do not run the network, I am merely trying to point out that your reasoning for wanting racist channels blocked from registration is flawed.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2