It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Images
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:12 pm 
#Userguide Member

Hey there:

The Undernet Website is really great, I´m convinced that the Webmasters Team have made a great job all this years, (prove me wrong if you can :) ) however, I think it will be nice to add some friendly light images based on .jpg and .gif (No flash or other Formats that requires special plug-ins) format to make the Undernet Website Sections a little bit more atractive than they are, the plain text is coded in a friendly good looking interface, but it still has no graphics on it.

That´s just my humble opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:26 pm 

I agree :) few images would make the website more friendly for users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:50 am 
Forum Moderator

Yes, but this is a network`s website and it`s purpose is not to be atractive but to be informative. How would images help the network? As i see it the website is fine....simple as it is. I was always for simple websites when it comes to the official website of an irc network.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:51 am 

I wonder which kind of images would u have in mind skiler? :)
Can yah attach one to u`re signature so we can all see as an ideea?

Post subject: Images
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:08 pm 
#Userguide Member

Take a look at http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/ and see how nice it looks with an image related to the Topic or Website Title.

When I created that image, I allways had in mind it´s prupose, I know it´s not for a sales adversiting Website but an Official one, so images can be light, good looking and serious

This is what I am talking about :)

Quote:
it`s purpose is not to be atractive but to be informative.

You are right in a part only, Undernet.Org (and all it´s resources) is a Friendly enviroment Network mate, we are allways looking for ideas and sugestions on how can we bring a better (Stable and feriendly) service to the Undernet Community, remember that each Christmas, Halloween the Undernet Webmasters make some special images (like a Crhistmass tree or a Pumpkin) for the Website header, so we are talking about a Dynamic / Friendly and yes... informative Website :)

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:15 pm 

I agree with this one. A more friendly enviroment is just what undernet needs at the moment. UnderNet's purpose its to be friendly to the user and not to be a serious only-informative website that will help only the advanced irc users. Especially User-Com which its own name tells us that must be user friendly would be nice if it had more images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 am 
Forum Moderator

Yeah.. I agree this idea. We need some graphics. The website will look better. Oh btw skiler is great graphic designer I must say that ! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:18 pm 

i totally agree ;o) undernet's site is cool, but some graphics will make this site look better

regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:53 am 

I think that sucks.

Why?

First of all, we already have an avatars gallery to choose from. Second of all, you can also upload your own avatar, to represent you. Why would you need 100 pictures, when is the avatar that matters? Also... Imagine a page full of posts (I'm not sure how this forum is set as maximum number of posts/page; afaik, 15-20)... Imagine such a page full of images, it loads hard, specially for those having a slow connection.

And one more thing.

Imagine again that page, plenty of images, small posts, it would be VERY annoying to see a page FULL of images and look carefully for the text between them, so you can see what matters at all, the posts.

So I think avatars are enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:06 am 
Forum Moderator

The avatars are only on the forum, and skiler is talking about "The Undernet Website".. Noone said page FULL of images.. And noone's connection will be sorry for few KB per page..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:57 pm 

Few KB? Imagine 20 posts, each containing one image.

I know he wasn't talking about avatars, of course there can be just one image below the username.

I was talking about images in posts. Also, images in signatures, I think that sucks too, also because most images in people's signatures are advertisings to channels they are part of. * I hate Truenos's signature * :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:08 pm 

Heh come on "guys" don't fight - that was just an idea , and i think he suggested an image like a logo or something , not an image for every user - i agree with this idea... new images would make the website look better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:35 pm 

Don't speek only about the forum (though a new undernet theme would be nice) but skiler was talking about undernet website. When i had 52kbps modem i couldn't load http://www.undernet.org but however images would be nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:59 pm 

Kaac wrote:
Also, images in signatures, I think that sucks too, also because most images in people's signatures are advertisings to channels they are part of.

I agree with u , signature would be better without any advetisings or

channel spaming ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

Well problem solved adnane as simba posted an annoucement in which users are annouced that such signatures are forbidden on the forum...So down they go...

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next