It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Undernet Connection Problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:26 pm 

Put pressure on Bharti Telecom. Call the customer support and ask to speak to a technical person. Explain the problem to the technical person. Take a complaint number from the technical person. You can use this complaint number to follow up with them.

I've done this my end, am following it up with them.

But the problem will not be solved unless many many people call Bharti Telecom (Airtel) and put pressure on them to solve the problem.

Other broadband users should call up their respective service providers and take complaint numbers when they lodge a complaint.

Only if these ISPs face pressure, will they respond.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 am 

The following thread contains more information:
http://broadbandforum.in/india-broadban ... ndia-isps/

Here's the summarized version -
The problem has been confirmed with Airtel, Hathway & MTNL. One user mentioned he can still access Undernet from India, though he did not mention through which ISP. Apparently, a company called BTSOL (Bharti Telesonic Ltd.) advised Airtel to block the Undernet IPs on security grounds. Ticket raised by Bangalore Airtel for unblocking - 741477 - dated 4th October 2008 or before.

Google group for this issue: http://groups.google.com/group/irc-undernet-blocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm 

I could connect to Undernet, finally! :rambo:
It seems the only server that allows me to connect is Montreal.QC.CA.Undernet.org, the others are still being refused.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 am 

arnab wrote:
I could connect to Undernet, finally! :rambo:
It seems the only server that allows me to connect is Montreal.QC.CA.Undernet.org, the others are still being refused.

omg omg omg!!
Thanks for the info arnab!! I can connect to the Montreal one too! yay! :D :D :D

But still, the others don't work...

/me plays some rocking music to celebrate!! woooooooooo!!

EDIT: Maybe we shouldn't celebrate too much, or they'll block this one too lolol!
/me turns down the volume

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:22 am 

/me laughs :lol: :lol: gieeeff u an advice better go back from wher eya came .. nothing exciting here .. exempt lammers, script kiddies, warrez, lots of drones etc etc <insert lame emo text here of how unet suxs>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 am 
Forum Super Moderator

Xaifas wrote:
/me laughs :lol: :lol: gieeeff u an advice better go back from wher eya came .. nothing exciting here .. exempt lammers, script kiddies, warrez, lots of drones etc etc <insert lame emo text here of how unet suxs>

Speaking of leaving Undernet, I swear I saw a post from you a while back stating you were leaving Undernet.

Back already?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:43 am 

Of course i "left" (partialy) ...removed my self from most of the "official channs and projects" still hangin in some cuz i think that i can learn from them .. but that doesent mean its my primary network.... :classic:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:57 am 

Well, that's it. I'm done with this network, and all of the abuse they allow!!!

See you all tomorrow. Same BAT time. Same BAT channel.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:55 pm 

since mitko redirected us to post here ... u said "as for DDoS, it's still DoS," (xplora)

R u kidding me? since when DDoS is same with DoS? u mean i can ping out the server? right .. good joke

DoS is only affective if u have a bigger bandwith then the victim .. thats like someone with ethernet vs dial-up .. but that doesent work on servers and not even workin no more for against users since the avarage bandwith has at least 2/4 megs connection ... DoS`ing an server = 110% FAIL ....

"All the servers are fire-walled, however since they are all hosted by different ISP's each ISP set's up their firewall in their own way. ;)"

Firewall vs DDoS = ussles

As far from what u said i understood that the packets doesent get to the server .. well in order for the firewall to filter spam, bogus packets and other hello .. it has to reach *an destination* even tho its not the address of server it reaches the isp`s ... from there i think u got the idea......ive been studieng *i know its not correct spelled* this kind of phenomenas for some years now .... watched lots of ddosin in action ...seen lots of botnets growing ... traced lots of runners...
PS: u should check local &chans ... on servers ... and firewall is like a stick against an nuclear missle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:10 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

Xaifas wrote:
since mitko redirected us to post here ... u said "as for DDoS, it's still DoS," (xplora)

R u kidding me? since when DDoS is same with DoS? u mean i can ping out the server? right .. good joke

er duh it's in the name...
DoS = Denial of Service
DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service

They are essentially the same thing, the idea being to deny internet services to someone, the only difference is how that is achieved. so technically DDoS is a type of DoS, the fact that the common thought that a DoS attack is from one source has nothing to do with it, the initial term DoS does not actually imply that. DDoS is just specifically referring to the use of multiple sources.

Xaifas wrote:
DoS is only affective if u have a bigger bandwith then the victim .. thats like someone with ethernet vs dial-up .. but that doesent work on servers and not even workin no more for against users since the avarage bandwith has at least 2/4 megs connection ... DoS`ing an server = 110% FAIL ....

"All the servers are fire-walled, however since they are all hosted by different ISP's each ISP set's up their firewall in their own way. ;)"

As far from what u said i understood that the packets doesent get to the server .. well in order for the firewall to filter spam, bogus packets and other hello .. it has to reach *an destination* even tho its not the address of server it reaches the isp`s ... from there i think u got the idea......ive been studieng *i know its not correct spelled* this kind of phenomenas for some years now .... watched lots of ddosin in action ...seen lots of botnets growing ... traced lots of runners...
PS: u should check local &chans ... on servers ... and firewall is like a stick against an nuclear missle

The destination you refer to is usually a router or gateway device that contains the firewall/filter I'm referring to. Do you know anything about the internet? Your clear ignorance here of both the terms being used and the internet in general, is astonishing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm 
Forum Moderator

Xplora is totally right about DoS/DDoS.

Now lets make something else clear:

Xaifas wrote:

... and firewall is like a stick against an nuclear missle

I'm absolutely sure you are talking about software firewalls, or some cheap hardware firewalls for home users. Have you ever seen Cisco Guard device ?

Here is a page where you can get educated about ddos and how it is defeated by Cisco: Defeating DDoS Attacks (please read the whole article before posting a reply, thanks)

Best regards.

Post subject: Re: Undernet Connection Problem in India
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:02 am 

Well, all over again. The Govt. of India instructed all ISPs to ban undernet in August / September 2008.
And now they have started it allover again, as of today Airtel has blocked undernet again and they say it is based on directive from TRAI (Telecom Regulation Authority of India).

Why? Why?? What do we do now?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm 

smoothoperator wrote:
Well, all over again. The Govt. of India instructed all ISPs to ban undernet in August / September 2008.
And now they have started it allover again, as of today Airtel has blocked undernet again and they say it is based on directive from TRAI (Telecom Regulation Authority of India).

Why? Why?? What do we do now?

They're just sick, what the hell did Undernet do that they banned it? sheesh!

Our government is run by a bunch of ****heads!

Hell, I can't connect even to montreal server now...I bet they're reading the forums and banning the servers which worked :P

I'm lodging a complaint all over again (they ignored the last one) :devil:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:41 am 

my problem is the unternet is telling me G-line why and its the only thing i do is mirc what is the problem its my first time having this problem i have been useing it for more then 10 year and no problems AUTO [1] Host used for flooding and ths as well so plz help me

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:15 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

flower wrote:
my problem is the unternet is telling me G-line why and its the only thing i do is mirc what is the problem its my first time having this problem i have been useing it for more then 10 year and no problems AUTO [1] Host used for flooding and ths as well so plz help me

With G-line's the best thing to do is to email abuse@undernet.org with the g-line reason, and your IP address at the time you attempted to connect.

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next