It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Undernet Connection Problem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:23 am 

Guys,

I am out here in A'bad and also using Airtel. Has anyone found the solution yet? I have called and emailed Airtel Support but so far they have been useless in providing any sort of support.

Is there a workaround to this problem?

Please help!!!

~Prom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:23 pm 

Now this seems to be a global problem, you all should lodge complaints - with a large number of complaints they should try to verify some things. Most probably they blocked undernet.org, reason ? don`t know but again - lodge complaints, insist on this as it`s your only solution to the problem.

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:32 am 
Forum Super Moderator

See,

Do you realize you have posted this same answer three times now in this topic?

Just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:07 am 

I do realize Eenie, thank you for showing this to me but with such amount of posts - let me give 1 answer, xplora 1 answer and then let about 6 other users to discuss on this, result ? nothing - we will have just a nice forum discussion.

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Huh?!?!

NVM .. don't bother replying, kthanks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:13 am 

hi all, sorry for not responding before but I was traveling. Thank you to (mods/senior users) for the tips/suggestions.

I registered a complaint with Airtel today and it was a painful exercise. Nobody knows what is IRC, and explaining what is Undernet and port 6667, etc drove me up the wall and I still don't think they got it :o . (They kept telling me they don't block websites). :roll: . By the way, today I am in Delhi and Undernet is inaccessible on my parents Airtel Internet connection too, so it appears to be a nationwide issue. (I work from Bangalore and no luck from there either)

Folks, I think we people (Airtel India users) have to band together to put some pressure on Airtel and get this problem fixed. I'll be sending PM's to all the people who have replied here and quoting their complaint numbers too so we can get some traction going on this. Please feel free to PM me for my mobile number.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:26 am 

Hi all,

I have submitted this problem to Digg: http://digg.com/world_news/Airtel_India ... C_Undernet. Please 'digg' it and add your comments.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:14 pm 

It seems this problem is not only 'Airtel' related but it's the same with other ISP's too.
I am from Delhi and my ISP is 'Hathway' and I have the same problem.
It looks like a nation-wide issue, maybe they blocked Undernet silently or something...who knows
I'll file a complaint too and I'll keep you posted on this.
I made a post on my blog too, http://gastly.wordpress.com/2008/09/13/undernet-irc-network-blocked-in-india/

PS: I'm not advertising

So, All of the Undernet users from India, please give your support so we can get rid of this problem.

Thanks,
Cya :)

- gastly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 pm 

I highly doubt undernet has been blocked by indian ISPs.

I feel there is some problem enroute and undernet cannot reach india.

It is possible that undernet is not reachable in places like nepal, pakistan, china. A few months back there was an under sea cable fault in the middle east, that disrupted internet services in India and many other countries. It was in the news.

Many serves often fall offline internationally (partially) when a cable (or network) that connects them to certain regions of the world develops a fault.

I don't know how to check whether nepal, china etc (OR countries that use the same international network as we do) have undernet problems. How to check this??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

As xplora mentioned before, TRACE ROUTE is your key of success for this kind of issues. It will tell you exactly which router fails to route your packets, so you will know whom to blame. If you don't know what traceroute is search Google for more info. There are many free trace route programs out there, you can even do it with your Windows cmd, with the command: tracert zagreb.hr.eu.undernet.org (or any other server). The last hop shown in the list is most likely the one to blame.

If you cannot find the provider of the last hop, just copy/paste the trace route info here and I will do it for you.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 pm 

fauxpas1900 wrote:
I highly doubt undernet has been blocked by indian ISPs.

I feel there is some problem enroute and undernet cannot reach india.

It is possible that undernet is not reachable in places like nepal, pakistan, china. A few months back there was an under sea cable fault in the middle east, that disrupted internet services in India and many other countries. It was in the news.

Many serves often fall offline internationally (partially) when a cable (or network) that connects them to certain regions of the world develops a fault.

I don't know how to check whether nepal, china etc (OR countries that use the same international network as we do) have undernet problems. How to check this??

Hi fauxpas1900 :)

Well, maybe you're right...this may not be something related to the ISP's (there goes my blog post, lol). But seriously, as you said something happened with the cables in the middle east, well maybe that could be a problem, BUT if that's the problem then it should go away on its own right? or no...I mean, its been quite a while since that happened, and Undernet just stopped working a couple of weeks back. I have no idea on this. And I haven't yet gotten a reply from my ISP, they're useless lol. If something new comes up on this (maybe it will magically start working...) then please keep us posted, thanks :)

Mitko wrote:
As xplora mentioned before, TRACE ROUTE is your key of success for this kind of issues. It will tell you exactly which router fails to route your packets, so you will know whom to blame. If you don't know what traceroute is search Google for more info. There are many free trace route programs out there, you can even do it with your Windows cmd, with the command: tracert zagreb.hr.eu.undernet.org (or any other server). The last hop shown in the list is most likely the one to blame.

If you cannot find the provider of the last hop, just copy/paste the trace route info here and I will do it for you.

Best regards.

Hi Mitko :)
My ISP blocks all pings and traceroute requests on its gateway. So, I can't do and check whether its working or not, maybe someone else would be able to do it and paste the output here.

Cya :)

- gastly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:19 pm 

Mitko wrote:

Best regards.

TRACERT OF IRC.UNDERNET.ORG FROM AIRTEL BROADBAND, NEW DELHI.
___

Tracing route to irc.undernet.org [69.16.172.40]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.

2 31 ms 35 ms 23 ms ABTS-NCR-Static-246.220.160.122.airtelbroadband.in [122.160.220.246]

3 20 ms 22 ms 22 ms rasBTNLDel-static-174.215.56.202.mantraonline.com [202.56.215.174]

4 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms 125.19.22.145

5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Routers number 2,3 belong to Airtel Broadband Delhi.

Router number 4, i.e. 125.19.22.145 also belongs to service provider AIRTEL Delhi..............

Another service provider, Hathaway-Delhi (gastly's provider) also cannot connect to undernet.

Lenkite could not connect from Bangalore-AIRTEL (South India).

So we have established till now that Delhi Airtel and Delhi-Hathaway, and Bangalore-Airtel cannot connect to Undernet.

What can be concluded from all this?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:47 pm 

Hi fauxpas1900,
Thanks for posting the traceroute output, but sadly, I can't draw any conclusion from this, maybe someone else can :roll:
looks like router 4 blocks the request or something...maybe...but that doesn't make any sense...at least not to me lol.

Maybe someone else would be able to draw something out of this...

/me waits ;)

- gastly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:53 pm 

promethius wrote:
Guys,

I am out here in A'bad and also using Airtel. Has anyone found the solution yet? I have called and emailed Airtel Support but so far they have been useless in providing any sort of support.

Is there a workaround to this problem?

Please help!!!

~Prom

I also face the same problem with Airtel Delhi.
Lodge a complaint with Airtel, ask to speak to the technical department....normal customer support cannot understand irc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:54 am 

Hello,

I tried the tracert cmd and the last link was 125.21.167.27 after which the
message displayed is destination host unreachable.
Looks like Bharti telecom is blocking it, since the tracert works through a proxy server.

So what to do???

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next