It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Chanfix?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:52 pm 

At the moment i'm totally hello off.
I woke up this morning, went online, noticed they tookover my channel so i went for help on #ZT.
The past 2 times i got helped nicely without problems, then today i got laughed at and told to part.
Mainly because 1 bot that i maintain wasn't good enough for them.
My score was too low to be helped with and the bot i use isn't allowed. What's the deal with this.
If my score is already higher than the one who took over the channel, shouldn't I be in advantage instead of being laughed at?

Post subject: Re: Chanfix?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:07 pm 

Normally you should've been helped in my oppinion. but yeah.. that happens frequently on help channels, however if i were you i would talk with someone who's higher there admin or something.

Too bad that you weren't helped :(

P.S : Have you tried #nastrand ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 am 

nah i haven't tried #nastrand. i'm not very familiar with that channel at all.
I'm still a bit mad about how things went along on #ZT, sometimes i simply don't get it at all.
Even if i do own a simple eggdrop, when is that not allowed
How many users (just estimate it) do have their own eggdrops to sit on a channel and keep @?
Botnets aren't allowed i know, X is somewhat the only solution there is for Undernet and C ... C should be more strictly.
C should be able to know who has a score and whom not. If there is no score on the channel and e.g channel is set to +k, C should have the option to deop the users and -K it.
But that's just a fairytale i guess.

I might try nastrand but right now i'm still furious.
If this is help, then i rather give up the channel as i got flooded 10 times privately, it got taken over 4 times already and since 1999 i never had that problem there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:22 am 
Forum Super Moderator

Perhaps you did not have enough points in Chanfix to qualify for being opped.

In the case of a "takeover," an IRC Operator with an account on Chanfix with the right flag can issue a manual fix. If this is issued, all clients on the channel are deopped, and Chanfix will remove all bans and modes. This allows the channel regulars to rejoin the channel. Then, after a short while, Chanfix will reop the channel using the autofix.

As I understand it, you need at least 163 points (4% of the maximum) for Chanfix to reop you. Below that, Chanfix doesn't do anything. For every 5 minutes that you hold ops on a channel, your score is increased by 1 point. The more regularly you hold ops, the higher your score will be. The scores are kept for only the last 2 weeks. Before Chanfix can reop anybody, you must have at least 1 and preferably 5 or more qualifying former ops in the channel.

Are you sure you met all the qualifications for being reopped by C?

I am not addressing the lack of help you say you got in #ZT since I have nothing to do with that channel.

For more information on how Chanfix works, be sure to check out http://chanfix.info/index.php.

Eenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 am 

the only extra ops i had were the eggdrops.
Apart from that i have been online from morning time till evening time and then i go offline.
So i'm online atleast 10 hours a day easily.
But according to this dude in #ZT it was not enough.
So i simply asked if it was Vimenze instead because it's the eggdrop i maintain and he started mentioning about double usernames.
Why should i create extra usernames when i can let my friends do that.

To answer shortly, yes i do think i did qualify for the points but they said it was too low and if they do not want to op Vimenze instead than so be it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:36 pm 

you can find help on reop and takes on these other channel , -> #assistance , #nastrand, #operhelp #arlington . . .

go and seek help there next time you need help, they will be happy to help you :)

:alien: xplorer :alien:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:37 am 

Yap come to #nastrand you will be helped if it's realy like that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:13 am 

Weird, If you were helped multiple times for the same channel by the same help channel named #Zt then you would be helped again with this way. I think, There is a comment or something like that caution message is necessary to be taken place on ''C'' to prevent any trouble for the nextime, if this person were helped before. Besides that, ''C'' is not the only one solution for such kind of issues, Irc operators will focus on the problem as stated and try to synthesize information and knowledge to achieve the solution in case of takeover.

Re-try to seek for assistance on #zT, Maybe this time you will meet with the right person, not the one who laughed on you. shame him!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:39 am 

I took your guys advise and went inside #nastrand to find help and i still give my thumbs up to `Dan for helping me out.
But after a while it started to annoy me that there has to be done so much to eventually get the channel back i have given up.
The ass on the channel already had more point than me after he took over so there wasn't much use.
It were my words VS the chanfix points. The only way i do haev proof is a log file of 27.4mb (cause i never removed it since 2004/2005).

One this is for sure, #nastrand overrules #ZT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:27 pm 

Ok ok, here it comes - the almighty new chanfix feature
So, chanfix has now a new feature in wich you - the owner of the channel, can reop yourself.

The new feature looks like this:

Quote:
-C- REQUESTOP <#channel> [contact]
-C- Performs a fix on the specified channel. Append CONTACT if you wish that the top 10 ops for the channel be noticed about the fix before the fix happens.

Now let me explain, this feature will allow the user that has the highest score at C in that specific channel to reop himself, simple as that - on other hand, with the new channel mode +R ; C is now able to communicate with X within an registered channel.

*Note - for the moment, channel mode +R is available only on the new york server but slowly it will be active in all servers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:49 pm 

That sounds nice, but afterall, i went to sleep. i saw logs from that one eggdrop in the channel, noticed he had taken a takeover right after i went offline.
The moment i woke up the next morning i checked it out, my Score already was too low for me to even get an @ according to that person on #ZT.
So this score thing... it's just in my disadvantage.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:12 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

See wrote:
Now let me explain, this feature will allow the user that has the highest score at C in that specific channel to reop himself, simple as that - on other hand, with the new channel mode +R ; C is now able to communicate with X within an registered channel.

*Note - for the moment, channel mode +R is available only on the new york server but slowly it will be active in all servers.

Actually it's on any server whose version ends in .pre13

C wont actually communicate with X, more X will be able to give C (through the +R setting, once it's updated to set the mode) the ability to identify a registered channel from an unregistered channel. It should also be noted that the scoring algorithm will better help the new requestops command ONCE it is enabled (not at time of writing).

This thread in-particular hi-lights the need for the new scoring algorithm, as if requestops was already enabled, as was stated, the takeover artist would already be able to use the command to gain control.

The new algorithm works something like existing system (1 point for every 5 minutes opped to a max based on being opped solidly for 2 week) + 100 points for each day since first being opped to a max 60 days (I think it's 60 days), this is roughly how it works, you would have to look at the open source code to be sure. The requestops command would work for the top 10% and notify the top 10% accordingly (not sure about the contact bit, I was led to believe that wasn't optional, C would just do it anyway, but I haven't seen the code so I may have the wrong impression).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 am 

Yes, you are right xplora - for there C with the new feature will recognise the top 10 for C score in that specific channel. Thanks to magic for the info. About the +R - i didn`t wanted to start a class for there is a topic opened on this subject.

On other hand, for sure there will be a special topic opened regarding this new features so everybody can understand.

Thank xplora for the extra info.

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:56 pm 

Funny, i started this topic like 10 days ago.
The botnet owners opened up the channel again but to my surprise, they already have X there.
Man this is just getting worse and more frustrating for me.
I got denied twice for X and these guys with their botnet get it all done. :evil:
Blergh, just makes me wanna punch.

edit: just wrote a mail to cservice-abuse[at]undernet.org
Hopefully they will look into it.
gawd what a mess :-?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:19 pm 

Very good that you sent an email to cservice-abuse@undernet.org but very much that you can do besides this is nothing. Regarding your punch, uh la la - it`s just irc. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose, this is how it works; now you just have to wait to see if cservice-abuse@ can do something. Now about the reject on your application (twice rejected) please read the folowing as the AUP can guide you perfectly:

http://cservice.undernet.org/live/regproc/aup.php

Regarding the bots, report them on #report-abuse (via irc) or by email at abuse-exploits@undernet.org and copy/paste some logs as proof.
Good luck!

I`m Clubbin!

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next