It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: IRC+WebCam
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:36 pm 

About the last days I have thought on the fact of ¿Is possible enough to implement webcam chat in IRC? the answer is YES. If other simple applications of software have obtained it and I talk about to Applet of chat like: yahoo, msn etc. ¿Because we cannot implement that option?

the significant changes that it has mIRC are related to the grafic and the options of users. They have not been to implement new functions like which here I expose. the Ipv4 protocol supports easily the use of the bandwidth for send and received of multimedia and this is not a valued excuse.

The networks of high speed have taken height important in these days. There is countryes in which the digital breach is even very great but in those couuntryes one minimal part is connected to mIRC. All or almost all we counted today with one big tecnological computers. ¿Because we not to explote to the maximum benefit? We are the one who we paid the enormous cost $$ that has the use of a line of high speed (T1,T3 or Frame Relay) and often we did not take advantage of it.

ATT: Ing. Anthony Wood
(ElRuSsO)

Post subject: Re: IRC+WebCam
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:52 am 

Ummm, huh???

If I understand what you were trying to ask, you would like a webcam feature added to mIRC/IRC. Here are some reasons you WON'T get this:

1. mIRC is a client while IRC is a protocol. There are many other clients besides mIRC that can be used.
2. I'm willing to bet it would violate the RFC, and in doing so, you would never get ALL the client software authors to add this feature.
3. The coders of the IRC server software wouldn't add such a feature for the same reason as above.
4. Most IRC networks use different code from one another (presumably all somewhat RFC compliant) so while some features are available on one network, they may not be available on all (or even ANY) other networks.
5. Both mIRC and IRC are text based.

If this is not what you were asking for, please ignore my post.

If this is what you were asking for, but don't like my response, please ignore my post.
MrEen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:51 pm 
Forum Moderator

I'm not sure I understand your post.

If you are talking about implementing video streaming on the IRC protocol, that's really non-sense.

If you are talking about using mIRC addons for video streaming, which is actually not going thru the IRC server, then yes it's possible.

What you posted sounds like "video streaming is possible via internet connections" <--- Wow... anything new ?

Please express yourself.

Best Regrads.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm 

Hi Every One.

(What you posted sounds like "video streaming is possible via internet connections" <--- Wow... anything new ?)

what I wrote is not looked in anything like which your these saying. What you say is estupid and any boy know that this fact is possible. To which I talk about with my post is ¿Why not to implement a service of webcam so that mIRC has the option like to send to private to a user? that's the POINT :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:19 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

ElRuSsO wrote:
Hi Every One.

(What you posted sounds like "video streaming is possible via internet connections" <--- Wow... anything new ?)

what I wrote is not looked in anything like which your these saying. What you say is estupid and any boy know that this fact is possible. To which I talk about with my post is ¿Why not to implement a service of webcam so that mIRC has the option like to send to private to a user? that's the POINT :D

You haven't read the answer very well, IRC itself is a protocol, mIRC is just another IRC client, the IRC servers are set such that the traffic speed required by a video streaming webcam make it impossible to do this, however some other irc client do implement an off IRC direct webcam connection through a DCC connection. ircle for the Mac does this (I for one do not use mIRC because it is not available for the mac, yet you will find me on Undernet's IRC Network using ircle).

to get what you are after you are simply asking in the wrong place, you need to contact the writers of mIRC (http://www.mirc.com/) or try to find another irc client that also does video chat.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:11 am 
Forum Moderator

Nobody and i do mean NOBODY will create an ircd which allows video streaming. Do you know how much bandwitdh does it take? No ISP is willing to allow that....not now not ever

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:06 pm 
Forum Moderator

Since it will never happen because the protocol isn't designed for A/V streaming, I'm closing this thread.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]