It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Help Conenction] k-lined.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:18 am 

Again i am kline constantly on Optus in Australia

My IP address has NOT changed for 6 months yet today i am again unable to connect, i run an Ident server and was able to connect yesterday without a problem but today again the netblock is banned

This is 100% ridiculous that users who are NOT abusers are caught in this trash - i see complaint after complaint about this in here yet it still continues to happen

why is it that 211.* addresses are STILL banned despite the massive inconvenience that it causes innocent users ?

No wonder there seem to be less servers every day and no new ones coming on board..

What is anyone prepared to do about this ? How long must users who do nothing wrong be penalised by this insane behaviour ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:32 pm 

They banned the ip because most user from same isp are abusers. That's why the banned all with that ip. If you have a complain you can also send an e-mail to abuse@undernet.org and tell them. Besides this is a Kline, why don't you try another server ? Many servers are available...and new ones on the way

Quote:
No wonder there seem to be less servers every day and no new ones coming on board..

I don't know where you got this from....dosen't seem true !

Post subject: Sorry but wrong
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:42 am 

They banned an entire CLASS not an IP - my ISP has never been contacted by Undernet and emails to abuse have been returned indicating they have not had any abusers from my ISP - they have abusers in o9ther countries on this range so they just banned an entire class

In other words nothing My isp can do will change a thing - its undernet who have to remove the ban

As for the servers.. Well the server list has shrunk considerably over the last 2 years in case you havent noticed.. I think that speaks for itself and havent seen any new ones on the way

Oh and i love trying new servers - my xchat list has every single server in it and i LOVE trying for over an hour to connect to a server out of them all....

Post subject: a note
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:01 pm 

for people having this problem it appears the US servers are better than the EU ones

Also if you have ever wondered why there are no AU undernet servers i think this sort of thing is a big pointer to a reason....

Of course we live in hope that this might change one day - maybe yet another of those famous unpublished administration decisions will put it right, meanwhile i continue to see US and UK isp's with abusers left right and center when i manage to get on - of course a US or UK isp might be a bit upset at a class ban now wouldnt they.....

Of course i await the inevitabe thread locked now as we have discussed this a lot - cant let people say theyre unhappy now can we - after all we never hear about things like abuse and the like on the collective that is undernet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:32 pm 

The 211.* netblok is an asian block, and YES, I've seen a lot of drones, clones, exploited hosts being used for floods, attacks, DDoS attacks etc.
Besides undernet I have also been mailing several hundred mails to the originating ISP's.
I never received a response, or a response from the mailserver that it timeouted, the user does not exist (which means the NETBLOK entry in the whois db is incorrect), or that the mailbox is full already.

Asian netbloks are known for there exploitability because of the reluctant way admins monitor those systems. Looking at my DDoS logs of attacks against my server makes me support the decision of most undernet admins to start denying those netbloks.

If you have a problem with this decision, then I suggest to complain towards your ISP about this, or even better, the NOC of the netblok who is responsible for the 211.* blok to have them forward the mails to the appropiate email addresses that have a range within that blok to take action against the compromises.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]