It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: basic irc
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:56 pm 

i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but i found internet relay chat on my work computer. im in the navy and currently out to sea. we have internet obviously but i cant download aim or msn so you guys seem really smart cuz i hardly understand your posts, how can i get this to work so i can talk to my wife back home. your help would be greatly appreciated cuz i havent seen her in 6 months. we do have email but sometimes its slow. i just want something more efficient but hey if you cant help thats fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:09 am 

Hello

I could better suggests you some ways on how you can contact your wife , But i don't really have any personal opinion if they are forbbiden at your navy , Or which restrictions you're working under . But please be patient now i gonna write you a few of examples that are produced by my brain ( actually the examples are going to be my personal opinions/ideas )
I don't really wanna advertise / paste you here any URL / Website or Chat programme , But at least i will try to do my best , I will give my maximum of guiding you to return back to your lovely wife .

Well... There exist an programm that you can contact with your wife . For example there is mIRC client (has it obviously) which in there you should connect to a Undernet server by typing /server eu.undernet.org -> By that command you'll wait until you connect to the Server and after that you're going to create a channel where your wife and you are going to speak and have a chat time quietly and alone.
None will interfere in the channel that you're going to create it . A channel is created by typing /join #ImissYouDearWife and after that you're going to type /mode #ImissYouDearWife +s ( This will make your channel not to appear in someone's /whois command - It means none will see that you have such channel , and none will interfere you during your chat period with your wife :}

Or you could better run Google to seek for a website that provides you a webcam-chat or voice-chat then contact your wife and tell her to join the same website you joined
I tred it and the result were : too many website providing such programs and you will use one of them , Hopefully the nostalgia is going to be done as soon as possible and you'll return to your family soon . If the suggestions i mentioned you above can help you then i will really be happy

Best regards,

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]