It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:47 pm 

What is the reason to do more than 1 connection? Ok maybe you will need 2 some time... but 5 and 6?!? Wow! Some people (as far as i know) join clones in their under registration channels to make the channel look full...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:21 pm 
Forum Moderator

I`m talking here only about Romania as i don`t know the situation in other contries.

Some internet cafes don`t afford to buy a set of ips and buy only 1 ip, or for example at my highschool in the laboratory there were 15 computers but only 1 ip...there are situations when people have only 1 ip and try to connect more. I don`t agree with this but this is the reality and i don`t see how things are going to change in the future.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:37 pm 
Forum Moderator

Last edited by Mitko on Fri May 27, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:11 am 

okay this sounds insane to me hehehe :o one client is enough i think anyway i tried it but i only connect 4 clients on one ip addy. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:29 am 

I can only connect tree. Four if i'm lucky but not more. Why someone would use 6 clones? Only 1 client its ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:35 pm 
Forum Moderator

TheAbyss as i said they are not really clones. There are more than one machines with the same ip.....yes i know it sucks....

Mitko an internet cafe or a local network must buy a series or ips.....but...in romania...when giving an ip to a user an isp doesn`t care if someone uses an ip for one computer or for ten. That is in cases someone likes to have a private line and not to use a dial-up account.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:26 pm 
#help member

Hi,

The thing is... Undernet allows only 2 connections from the same ip/host, anyone that over runs that limit can be 'banned out'. Servers ban users at 6 connections but even 3 connections may be seen as an abuse :)

As Andrew said, internet cafe's or different LAN/networks that are willing to connect to Undernet ... have a limited number of IP's , frequently the number of IP's is way to small acording to the number of PC's located in that network/internetcafe/LAn/or whatever.

The probability to get an I:line is very small due the abuse as it was said before... so people try to get on the network without thinking that they might get g:lined.
TheAbyss you got only 3 connections and you didn't tryed that hard...
Imagine 150 users on 1 rootable IP... They will outrun that limit in a matter of minutes if they all try to connect....

In my point of view this is a delicated problem as I was in the same situation... It's really annoying to get G:lined in the middle of an conversation...

The only way to solve this is to ask the ISP to provide/buy/request more IP's .... if he is not able to do that.... then "you" should get a new ISP with more Ip's :)

Regards, tT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:03 pm 

ISPs need to improve :P at least mine provides each user a different ip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:02 am 

irc.undernet.org is an alias for US.undernet.org
and thats a simple round robin list of servers in the us, same goes for eu.
there is no smart thing in it besides the dns server returning a random list of servers in it from which the irc client picks an ip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:04 am 

irc.undernet.org is an alias for US.undernet.org
and thats a simple round robin list of servers in the us, same goes for eu.
there is no smart thing in it besides the dns server returning a random list of servers in it from which the irc client picks an ip.

Post subject: same IP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:17 pm 

Hello,
There is some problem about username from same IP after started adsl connection.
1. A lot of people using 2 connection with 1 modulater-router on internet.and an occur a problem about 1 IP 1username.
2. A stable computer and a notebook connection at home from 2 people, same problem on 2 people from 1 IP.
3.Undernet allow some bots for exp. #usa lillehop and yoshi and bots of trivia channels. they have usernames!
4.The Problem of Selling channels, how will it get stop. is there any precoution like that restrict of time for change manager?

all the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:36 pm 
Forum Moderator

1. The problem can be solved if those 2 usernames on 1 IP are real persons.
2. The same answer.
3. Well, some Undernet servers allow friendly bots (see their /motd). Regarding the usernames, they have been probably not seen yet. Or, maybe the bots have soul ? :wink:
4. Selling channels ? That's just retarded. How will it stop ? Well, ask the retarded persons buying channels. That's how it will stop. The manager change period is 90 days if I am not wrong.

Best Regards,
Mit.

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2