It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: None of the undernet servers working?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 am 

Hi there,
I have been trying to connect to undernet - tried each and every server provided on undernet.org.
For all the servers i get the message
Error: a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (error code 10060)

I do not understand why! i dont have a problem connecting to dalnet or efnet.
By the way am from Malaysia. It's been like this for more than a month and its just not my pc, i cant connect from any pc.

It's only at times that london.uk.eu.undernet.org responds but gives a message "connection class full".

Any suggestions?

-- Thanks

Did i post this in the wrong place? if so, moderators, please move this topic to the right section.

EDIT:
This post has been moved to: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11253 in General/IRC thread.

Please make any posts there.

Thank you.

~Eenie

Post subject: Re: None of the undernet servers working?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:47 am 
Forum Super Moderator

That sounds like a time out error (Error:10060).

Be sure you are connecting to a specific server and use the correct port when doing so.

Very often you didn't have a (proper) connection to the Internet even before you started mIRC when you get this error. Make sure you have a good Internet connection when attempting to connect to a server.

If your client is not ident'd .. be sure to type the /quotepass command when/if prompted to do so.

Hope this helps.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:58 pm 

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

I am very sure about my internet connection. I can connect using some free socks servers, no problem with that..except that my dcc wont work and most socks servers die very fast. So i am very sure it has nothing to do with the internet connection.

I have enabled identd. It doe'snt even connect to the server, my irc client cant find any connectible server and its very surprising.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

swamyveera wrote:
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

I am very sure about my internet connection. I can connect using some free socks servers, no problem with that..except that my dcc wont work and most socks servers die very fast. So i am very sure it has nothing to do with the internet connection.

I have enabled identd. It doe'snt even connect to the server, my irc client cant find any connectible server and its very surprising.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

You may have identd enabled in your settings, but may very well have the identd port (port 113) blocked by a firewall or router, so your identd is not actually enabled.

Most Undernet servers do require identd to be enabled in order to connect.

I suggest you make sure port 113 is open in any firewall/router or A/V software you are using.

~Eenie

Post subject: Re: None of the undernet servers working for malaysia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 am 

Hi, I've experienced the same problem trying to log-on to Undernet from Malaysia.

I hadn't changed any of my settings though of course then I experimented with different timeouts, different servers [including several I'd successfully accessed before]. Unfortunately, this appears like it could be our whole country being blocked again by Undernet, but I couldn't find anything being talked about [historically, this happened in 1999 to malaysia].

Fellow user in Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:06 pm 

It's not workin here in Pakistan either and dalnet is working fine. I read somewhere that it isn't workin in India as well :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:10 pm 

swamyveera wrote:
Hi there,
I have been trying to connect to undernet - tried each and every server provided on undernet.org.
For all the servers i get the message
Error: a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (error code 10060)

I do not understand why! i dont have a problem connecting to dalnet or efnet.
By the way am from Malaysia. It's been like this for more than a month and its just not my pc, i cant connect from any pc.

It's only at times that london.uk.eu.undernet.org responds but gives a message "connection class full".

Any suggestions?

-- Thanks

Did i post this in the wrong place? if so, moderators, please move this topic to the right section.

EDIT:
This post has been moved to: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11253 in General/IRC thread.

Please make any posts there.

Thank you.

~Eenie

I'm getting that message right now at this exact second. Honestly not too worried about it because I have the patience to wait an hour, but I guess it is comforting to know it isn't the end of the world. In the meantime I will run some multivariate testing on my DVD burning software and watch the news. I am sure there is a way to optimize the server. This Japan thing isn't the end of the world is it? I heard they think they might be getting acid rain on the west coast?? whaaa??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 pm 

Mind to share how did you solve it? I am getting that message as well now.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]