It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oslo2 down?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:04 pm 

Hi all :)

Is the oslo2.no.eu.undernet.org server down? I can't connect to it...and since it's the only server that worked for me (and other Indian people, see this post), we're all locked out!

Can anyone confirm if it's down and how long will it stay that way? (forever? nooo!)

Cheers ;)

- gastly

Post subject: Re: Oslo2 down?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 pm 

Oslo2.* seems to be down, but why can't you use Oslo.* ? It seems to be working JUST FINE!

Oslo.NO.EU.UnderNET.Org - http://www.undernet.org/servers.php

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:03 am 

Can't use any other server except oslo2. As I said before, for people connecting from India, only Oslo2 works.

Oh and I tried connecting to oslo2, the connection is being refused (as opposed to a 'connection time out' when I was trying to connect before), so maybe they're working on fixing it...I hope it starts working again...if not, then I'm doomed :-?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 pm 

Well then I would strongly advise you to contact your ISP and explain the problem, that's the only way you'll be able to solve it (for all the Indian people), it is possible that your connection to be filtered, as a tip: have you tried connecting on other servers by using OTHER ports than 6667? This could also be causing, the fact that your ports are filtered, but you should be the one to know. Try connecting on other ports and tell me if it works, if not, please contact your ISP, it is beyond undernet's power to "fix" your problem, it is clear what could be causing this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:03 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Crys wrote:
Well then I would strongly advise you to contact your ISP and explain the problem, that's the only way you'll be able to solve it (for all the Indian people), it is possible that your connection to be filtered, as a tip: have you tried connecting on other servers by using OTHER ports than 6667? This could also be causing, the fact that your ports are filtered, but you should be the one to know. Try connecting on other ports and tell me if it works, if not, please contact your ISP, it is beyond undernet's power to "fix" your problem, it is clear what could be causing this.

Crys, apparently you did not see the link in the original question by the poster:
Quote:
Is the oslo2.no.eu.undernet.org server down? I can't connect to it...and since it's the only server that worked for me (and other Indian people, see this post), we're all locked out!

Click on that link for background on this situation.

~Eenie
;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:05 pm 

It's the ISP then, I can't see any other solution than contacting the ISP and explaining the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:22 pm 

gastly wrote:
Hi all :)

Can anyone confirm if it's down and how long will it stay that way? (forever? nooo!)

Cheers ;)

- gastly

It should work.. server is up and running. try instead /server 195.18.164.194 - oslo2's ip.

Last edited by Spidel on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:24 pm 

Great news Spidel, although I still recommend to contact his ISP Administrator regarding this issue, he is paying for his InterNET connection and he shouldn't have his access limited, it's outrageous!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:26 pm 

Crys wrote:
Great news Spidel, although I still recommend to contact his ISP Administrator regarding this issue, he is paying for his InterNET connection and he shouldn't have his access limited, it's outrageous!

If you would have read that thread you'd know their feelings and frustration. They can't help at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 pm 

I put my eyes on it and read it partially :)

anyhow, it's a strange situation, if they really wanted to deal with this, I BET they could fix it.

BTW: Their ISP is blocking it, or at least not entirely.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:53 pm 

If RDS issue hadn't been solve since now (although they at least tried to help us in a way or another and they achieved but the problem is only partially solve) and now Why would you think in a country like India things will get better for their customers? Make a comparation between these two states and see which one is better in communication and technology.

In each country there's a different mentallity, for instance in the US they care for their customers and they try immediately to solve the customer problem so they won't go to another company where they provide better services. In the US there is always competition as the companies DO NOT make any agreements between them on the prize from the market they really come up with real good offerts for customers unlike in some mediocre countries.

This is the real business where customers can make a good choice when picking an internet company whether it's national wide or local company and i'm strictly reffering to the US.. dunno what's the level of competition in the EU for example but i assume it's the same.

In other words they have no other options but to pray that somebody will actually care of customers needs. Also try to remember IRC isn't trendy anymore as it was before, there are other alternatives of communication such as yahoo / msn / icq / aim and so forth and also those ISP's who are aware of IRC doesn't like the use of it so much because of Denial service attack.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:19 pm 

i think oslo is delinked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:25 am 

Try connecting on other ports and tell me if it works, if not, please contact your ISP, it is beyond undernet's power to "fix" your problem, it is clear what could be causing this.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:54 am 

I'm having this problem too, and I don't know how to fix the problem. I tried to disconnect my router and waited for about an hour for my ip address to reset. It's still not allowing me to connect to the server. My IP address originates from the U.S. (Indiana), so I'm not really sure what I can do to connect to Oslo2. Is this a problem that is occurring today, or is it just my computer?

Advertising on Google is costing my small business too much money. Where can I find a company that specializes in seo Chicago listings? PM me if you have some recommendations for my e-commerce business. kratom | survival seed bank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 pm 

I had same problem. I had ISP rotate my IP address and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]