It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: (2) Undernet User Committee in Comments
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:07 pm 

Hi,
Why locking the subject to fast, we just read it and have many things to say - Forums are created to express/bring ideas/suggestions/...etc so can each one can say his ideas...not when we are agree we continue discussing and when ze are disagree closing/locking/removing subject.

Related to what -Em3r1c4- said I agree what he said, zhy only this committee is in the comments section ( as we know undernet is the efforts of many people/committees routing-com /coder-com/Cservice/user as you can see in (http://www.undernet.org/committees.php). so why not to put near the other committees.

Related To what xplora said, (the user-com section is in the comments section since it isn't there to supply help, but to simply provide a place for discussions.) it is a help committee too, as you know and all we knows is composed by #userguide (general help) #class (general classes To provide help) #translate (help with translating), #liveevents, #newsletters....etc

So I can consider this committee like the others, very important as others which also provide help as did/do r-com/cservice/c-com.....

Wishing you read it and NOT removing/locking it....I Great you all for the good work you are doing in the forum.

Your friend COMISAIRE27

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:05 pm 

I was the one that closed the topic because there were no other interesting posts to read, and i evaded other useless posts like 'yes, i totally agree' or 'no, i'm totally against it'. Such posts, and others, are just there for the sake of increasing your post number.
To quote Em3r1c4, "Sometimes changing is good" --> to change something JUST for the sake of changing it is stupid. Give me a break, this forum is up for years, and no one seemed to complain about it's structural organization until now. What's wrong with the user-com section being where it is now? Are you not able to read the threads? And you can save me the bull$h*t with 'ohh, this section is as important as all the others and should be close to them bla bla'. There was no discrimination involved when this forum was created, just so some sections go in a certain place, and others in another place. If you don't have a REAL, VALID reason to move the user-com section to where Em3r1c4 said, then don't suggest it.
This is attitude is exactly the way romanian politicians act (probably other nations too). They have a tone of laws on their hands, and each 4 years when the government changes, the new politicians in charge, for the sake of proving to the public that they ARE doing something other than sitting uselessly in their chair and smoking cigars, they make certain modifications to said laws, but RARELY if not never do they make a modification that is actually useful to that law. But hey, atleast they can proudly say they're not lazy a$$es.

Hate me, i don't care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:45 pm 

:-? O_ô

Just do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:37 pm 

Em3r1c4 wrote:
:-? O_ô

Just do it

I can see you didn't understand a thing from my post, or just didn't bother reading it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:53 am 

Wolfyx wrote:
I was the one that closed the topic because there were no other interesting posts to read, and i evaded other useless posts like 'yes, i totally agree' or 'no, i'm totally against it'.

If you ask me, this is a forum, where people can express their thoughts. If one says he agrees or doesn't, then at least you know.

I see no use of closing down a topic, giving users not the change to express themselves, even if it is only a silly reply. Again, this is a forum.

Be glad that people DO respond knowing that this is a very quiet forum for a 100,000 users network.

Kind regards
Andrew / nocturnal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:13 pm 

Oh of course, by all means.
What you didn't understand in my post, and the part you quoted, was that people post meaningless/irelevant/annoying posts, just to increase their post count. Such posts are, as i have said, 'yes i agree' and nothing else, no explanation, no reason, no valid point as to why he agrees and a quality reply to the subject so that readers enjoy and learn from said posts. And that's just one example, there are countless examples scattered all over the forum.
I don't mind people expressing their opinions as long as their posts are providing what the AUP asks, the HIGHEST QUALITY.
I never post something unless i have relevant things to say. Sooooooo, when a topic looks to be discussed, and i see people starting to post useless cr*p, the logic thing to do is close it.
What would you do in such cases, andrew?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:40 pm 
Wolfyx wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn't close the topic. I don't mind that users post "I agree" just to increase their posts. If they think that pleases them, then I see no harm in that.

If you find that so harmfull, then turn the setting to see how many posts one has posted, off. I find it funny, that people actually post to have the most posts. Then again, it's a way to keep a forum alive without hurting anyone.

I rather see a post like that, than a post by those spammers. Kinda sad you take this forum so strictly. It's a forum for a CHAT-network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm 

the post above is mine
forgot to login :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:29 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

andrew posted:
Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't close the topic. I don't mind that users post "I agree" just to increase their posts. If they think that pleases them, then I see no harm in that.

Please people, READ the Forum's AUP ( http://www.undernet.org/forumaup.php )

Rule #4 states in part:
Quote:
4. Please do not post meaningless messages or one word or very short posts, repeating posts in the same or different threads in order to increase your post count or for whatever other reason.

Too few people read the AUP and we moderators work daily to delete spam posts, inform people of the AUP and maintain the forum according to that AUP.

Thanks,
Eenie ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm 

Wolfyx wrote:
Oh of course, by all means.
What you didn't understand in my post, and the part you quoted, was that people post meaningless/irelevant/annoying posts, just to increase their post count. Such posts are, as i have said, 'yes i agree' and nothing else, no explanation, no reason, no valid point as to why he agrees and a quality reply to the subject so that readers enjoy and learn from said posts. And that's just one example, there are countless examples scattered all over the forum.
I don't mind people expressing their opinions as long as their posts are providing what the AUP asks, the HIGHEST QUALITY.
I never post something unless i have relevant things to say. Sooooooo, when a topic looks to be discussed, and i see people starting to post useless cr*p, the logic thing to do is close it.

why dont you relax dude take a cofee or a beer and enjoy . AT LEAST WE ARE RESPONDING even if its useless just read or not , or there is some AUP ok you have to obey rules ... but .. still ... this is chatting and now the only thing good enough on Undernet is Yelling at eachother ... and telling other people what to do or say or type.At least the forum is active

Like i sayd before and YES ill say it again

O_ô Just do it !!!

Thnx for listening

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:55 pm 

No Em3r1c4, you're wrong. Responding to threads with meaningless posts brings nothing good, it only makes the one that opened the thread more angry that no one is actually SERIOUS in their posts, and can't supply a decent and quality answer. I prefer no one answering a thread, if their reply does not contain some valuable information that the user in need of help requires. Your statement was ' AT LEAST WE ARE RESPONDING even if its useless' --> first of all, re-read this line, and maybe, just maybe you'll understand what you just said with that line, and second of all, I prefere you (or anyone else) not answering a thread AT ALL, than posting something useless and irrelevant. And you can spare me the "why dont you relax dude take a cofee or a beer and enjoy"

Andrew, if you don't care that users are posting just to increase their post count, then I do. This forums upholds quality over quantity (or atleast it should), and Eenie quoted the AUP rule that stands behind it.

Whether you all like it or not, you registered and accepted the AUP, and now you're forced to abide by it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:43 pm 
Forum Moderator

I totally agree with xplora's post on the other thread which was locked. As I can see, the discussion changed to "Forum AUP" instead of what the thread says, but whatever.

Em3r1c4 wrote:
Sometimes changing is good

So lets make a mess, we'll put "Undernet coder committee" in Comments, "In Loving Memory" in Help, and.. I don't know, lets change everything. Perfect idea. (NOT)

If anyone has to add something else on this thread, please read xplora's post first, and the post is:
xplora wrote:
the coder-com section is in the help section since it is there to supply help

the user-com section is in the comments section since it isn't there to supply help, but to simply provide a place for discussions.

Any further posts which are not related to the subject will be deleted, or will lead to thread lock. Personally I don't see a reason for keeping the thread open, but I don't wanna be mean, so I'll leave it open.

Best Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 pm 
#Userguide Member

We already have members from #Help in that section, there is no need of placeing user-com in the help section. User-Com is the engine of a big machinery, only #UserGuide provides help and talks directly with the user, Class is teaching them (but the channel is moderated most of the time), and the rest takes place in backup channels, so undermaster I would aprove you if there was any forum sections named like : Committees ... but since there is not and the forum masters has chosen a different way of placeing this sections I belive that is the correct way for now. :glasses:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 pm 

i agree with you guys. if every one just posts stupid stuff, it throws away the fundamentals of forums: DISCUSSION! the point of forum is, to discuss, not to be the best one on the forum with the highest post count!
once again, we are struck by humanity's (IN GENERAL! no one is pointed!!!!!!!!!!) high level of competitivity. (is this the right spelling?)
anyway, forum is not to compete, its to talk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:34 pm 

I Think, If the previous topic got a valid answer apparently it got, that's why has been locked then why you allow people to discuss it again by opening the same topic? if you allowed to see who going to increase his post numbers by said ''I am totally agree'' or something like that then you should be disappointed cause it lead a confusion and subject turned to Forum A.U.P and A ircop trying to say ''be more kind to people's ideas'' and another one talks through A.U.P lines. I know and you all should know that here is undernet forums for share information\ideas\opinions and eachothers knowledge that's how I learn and still continue to learn and share them with guests.

Meanwhile: I'm a user-com member but the topic does NOT mean anything to me. As Simba-- known as an user-com projects administrator also forum administrator then? he is able to change if there's something must be changed. So administratively we (user-com) members should contact the project admins which is you part of. instead of discuss it public.

Best regards/RevivaL

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]