It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: /ignore is possible on the forum as well
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:58 am 

Hello fellow Undernet users.

Most of you already know how to ignore someone while on IRC. In case you weren't aware, this is possible on the forum as well. If, like me, you find there is some forum user that you just can't stand to read, here is your salvation:

1. Click the user's avatar or username. (Usually, you'd probably apply this within a thread. However, depending how active they are, you can just click on the username on the main page when they submitted the most recent post to any section.) This takes you to the "View Profile" page for that member.

2. The last line of the first colored block of info is "Add foe" and this is also a link. Click that link like there is no tomorrow!!!! (It's not there if you selected your own username to test with!)

3. This action takes you to a confirmation page that asks, "Are you sure you wish to carry out this operation?" For some strange reason, the creators of this part of the forum software chose to use two boxes captioned "Yes" and "No" (I looked and looked but there was no "You're dang friggen right I wanna do this!!!" button.) You will want to click on the "Yes" button here for lack of a more appropriately named button.

4. Essentially, you are done. You'll be redirected to your User Control Panel on the "Friends and Foes" tab showing the new foe (advanced users can add more foes on this tab!)

5. Now, when you are reading a thread (including old threads!!) that contains a post from your foe you will see the following where their post was:

This post was made by "name_of_foe_without_underscores_and_quotes_here" who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

The words "Display this post" are also a link that will show that users post in case you feel the need to read it (but try to remember why you added them as a foe before you do that!)

6. If/when you feel the need to remove that user as a foe (you've just been made a forum moderator, for example,) simply go to your own User Control Panel (link up in the top section of the page,) choose the "Friends and Foes" tab, then click on "Manage foes" and follow the directions.

Humbly,
MrEen

Post subject: Re: /ignore is possible on the forum as well
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:24 pm 

usefull, but this ruins the whole point of forums..

worst idea ever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 pm 

Let's test it on the topic maker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 am 
Forum Super Moderator

Revival wrote:
Let's test it on the topic maker

What do you and xplo do, troll the people you do not like just to make negative comments to them?

You got the idea, Revival. Use the ignore feature rather than continously make nasty comments.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:45 am 

Just kidding (: I wont ignore him nor you, I am a nice boy :D always listening the orders comen from elders. But nextime, please let the other moderators handle the topics where your husband in the question (: coz you're losing the equality expected from an moderator. But hey I do appreciate it :inlove:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Revival wrote:
Just kidding (: I wont ignore him nor you, I am a nice boy :D always listening the orders comen from elders. But nextime, please let the other moderators handle the topics where your husband in the question (: coz you're losing the equality expected from an moderator. But hey I do appreciate it :inlove:

ROFL!

You have GOT to be kidding!

I have not "Moderated this topic!"

I have merely posted as a poster, just like you!

Please try to stay on topic.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 am 

Calm down baby, rid of that exclamation marks (: WE NEED YOU! :baaa:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]