It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: CService site, continued Part2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:31 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Since http://forum.undernet.org/viewtopic.php?t=2940 was locked after an inaccurate post by xplora, I am forced to open this to clear things up. I do hate having to open new topics to continue one that has been locked!

Quote:
Quote:

As far as passing between channels goes, what you are suggesting is that we start handling generic help and coding and oper help yet none of these service we are capable of providing.

We have chosen to make the split at Username RELATED, not Username SPECIFIC. therefore in some issues such as this one #CService will pass onto #usernames.

If the split was Username SPECIFIC, then yes #CService would/should have answered it, since the problem was only username related.

The topic was already answered, Please read the answers given, or use the search feature.

My question was not about usernames! It was about questions people have while using the CService site. wolfyx understood what I asked, and answered me.

The topic was NOT already answered. Perhaps those so quick to lock topics should themselves, read the question asked before declaring it answered. None of the other posts already posted answered my question until now. The search feature would not have helped me, nor would have re-reading older posts.

Thanks,
Eenie

Last edited by Eenie on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:34 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

Uhm... look whose talking... the topic you quote isn't yours, and the question in that topic was answered. and your question was answered too.

What I'm having trouble with is people 1. not accepting the answers given, and 2 therefore us having to repeat those answers over and over again.

The only solution to repeating the same answer over and over again is to lock the topic. (as I have seen you do too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 pm 
Forum Moderator

I don`t know why you Cservice people keep so many things secrets...remember GNUworld is an open source project....so half of the secrets you keep are already known by people who use GNUworld for their own networks....

Eenie the reason (the tech one) #cservice info on the website is not shown it`s because there`s a special channel flag called SECRET that can be set only by a Cservice admin to hide the website information of a channel ON the website. Why? Simple, there are probably people that have access on #cservice higher than 500 (OMG!!! OMG!!! is that really possible? yes, yes it is....) You can see channel information on IRC including the access list on #cservice, BUT only from 500 to 1. So, CService doesn`t like to show regular users the maximum access on a channel isn`t 500. :)

Now as for the part of who to ask for that flag to be set on the channel....welllll you already know the Cservice answer: It`s only for official channels bla bla bla and stuff like that..

I really hope my reply will not offend any of the CSC staff i didn`t ment to (i`ll let you know when i will offend someone) and that it will not be erased. As i said GNUworld is an OPEN SOURCE project....

As for your personal quest with your "army" (hello speedy) against CService well....i won`t comment about it here.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:54 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

sirAndrew if you had read that thread properly he wasn't asking that question, the only one of the 5 (total) question in that post he was actually asking was:
Quote:
What channel do we send people to when they have questions related to the website?

To which the answer is:

If it is username related (not specific) it goes to #usernames, everything else on the website goes to #cservice.

Which means that this originally asked question about issue of a website error stating "too many failed login attempts for this username" is a username problem, despite it being specific to the website, it is username related.

btw, the 500+ access you are refering to are not added to #CService, and the information we keep secret is Undernet Channel Services Committee specific. And as we are not gnuworld's support mechanism, if they would like that kind of information, they can ask gnuworld's support system the Undernet Coder Committee or http://gnuworld.undernet.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:26 am 

sirAndrew wrote:
I don`t know why you Cservice people keep so many things secrets...remember GNUworld is an open source project....so half of the secrets you keep are already known by people who use GNUworld for their own networks....

....true....but...
what sirAndrew wants to say is that there will not be a channel for helping you with website`s problems because there are a few secrets...but i disagree with his opinion. On Undernet everything is different unlike gnuworld. X and the website has some features that the open source doesn't have. Why? Only they know...anyway...if i'm wrong, please correct me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:54 am 
Cservice Official

There's no point in opening a channel just for Website support. http://www.undernet.org & http://forum.undernet.org HAD a support channel.
The project ended up badly.

Post subject: noopy ppl...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:05 pm 
#Userguide Member

Quote:
On Undernet everything is different unlike gnuworld. X and the website has some features that the open source doesn't have. Why? Only they know...

Why ? because they are smarter, they can do what ever they want with the source/code/etc... + the i don't know whats all the fuss about ... as chaters we should ... CHAT, let them do theyr jobs so we could do ours.
Are you so desperate to find out whats there ?! well hang out few years in #CService and after that if they need you who knows what door will open... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

Quote:
On Undernet everything is different unlike gnuworld. X and the website has some features that the open source doesn't have. Why? Only they know...

I am sorry to disappoint you, but the difference is less than 1% of the code. You can't say that "less than 1%" equals to "everything". Undernet has one GNUWorld module that's not released in public, but since this thread is in the Cservice channel help section that one has nothing to do with it. GNUWorld's mod.cservice and website aren't really changed much as I said above.

IMHO this thread is getting off topic since the questions asked were answered, so it should be locked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm 
Cservice Official

I wouldn't be rushing into locking the topic, unless the off-topic continues or pointless discussions will take place, even if the questions were answered.
That way, we can probably lower down the percentages of locked topics, to tend to those in the General Help Section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:51 am 

Dooku said:
Quote:
Why ? because they are smarter, they can do what ever they want with the source/code/etc... + the i don't know whats all the fuss about ... as chaters we should ... CHAT, let them do theyr jobs so we could do ours.
there's a diffrence between knowing a thing others don't know and being smarter.

Etherfast said:
Quote:
There's no point in opening a channel just for Website support.

the Question was witch channel to ask in if you got a problem on the cservice webpage. #cservice or #usernames

Xplora said:

Quote:
What I'm having trouble with is people 1. not accepting the answers given, and 2 therefore us having to repeat those answers over and over again.

for me it's seems like you are avoiding the topic.. giving a unaccurate answear and locking the topic to get over it as fast as possible.
Like you have forced yourself to belive that cservice is perfect and wanna make everyone else belive it to.
Anyway that's just my opinion.
Repeating the answear over and over again is not the answear to make ppl understand. Put yourself in this possition: if you ask a question and you get a answear you do not understand. Do you think it will help if he copy past the exact answear to you? reformulate is the way to get ppl understand if they diden't get it the first time.

even doh it was a username in this conversation it is all about Eenie getting redirected by a op in #cservice to #Usernames with a website related question the op could easly answeared.

i see #usernames as a channel i have to go to when i got a problem #CService can't fix. like suspended username forgotten password and secret answear where you need an admin to get you to send a mail so he can "verify" that your the real owner even doh your still logged in to the suspended username :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:51 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

ck,

1. There is only so many ways an answer can be reworded to try and get the understanding of the other person. And when I say repeat, that includes "reformulate"/rewording. And if someone is refusing to accept that answer, no amount of "reformulate"/rewording, will help that.

2. Actually you can not assume the op could have easily answered that question, and the question was still username related.

3. #usernames should not be considered as a place "to go to when i got a problem #CService can't fix", as this would have you attempting to go to #usernames for issues not related to your username. #Usernames should be considered as the first place to go when having ANY username RELATED issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:08 pm 

Quote:
i see #usernames as a channel i have to go to when i got a problem #CService can't fix. like suspended username forgotten password and secret answear where you need an admin to get you to send a mail so he can "verify" that your the real owner even doh your still logged in to the suspended username

as you can see, the problems cservice could't fix was username related. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:03 am 

I don't see what’s all this fuss over, in the end Eenie found out what he wanted. The user should have been told to join #cservice and ask there about it. If #cservice redirects him to #usernames, that’s their business and rules. I think this subject has been milked enough :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:13 am 
Forum Super Moderator

xplora stated:
Quote:
sirAndrew if you had read that thread properly he wasn't asking that question, the only one of the 5 (total) question in that post he was actually asking was:
What channel do we send people to when they have questions related to the website?

Jonny stated:
Quote:
I don't see what’s all this fuss over, in the end Eenie found out what he wanted.

I am a she, thank you.

And, xplora, it just makes sense to me that ONE channel run by Channel Service should be able to answer ALL questions related to their own website.

Eenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:32 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

Eenie wrote:
And, xplora, it just makes sense to me that ONE channel run by Channel Service should be able to answer ALL questions related to their own website.

Lets just say I agree with you and leave it at that (the right people already know my opinion on this).

(clearly time to lock this topic ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]