It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: "too many failed login attempts for this username"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:24 am 
Forum Super Moderator

According to the sticky topic here, #CService deals with "X Usage and Channel Registration Help."

In helping a user in #Help today, I found it quite odd when I joined #CService and asked, "'too many failed login attempts for this username' when does this expire?" It was in reference to the CService website and a difficulty someone had in logging in there. For all we know, he may have been going there to register a channel.

I was answered immediately by a user there, "24 hours." At the same time, an op in #CService told me to go ask in #usernames." I just had to laugh. Does #CService find it "not their job" to answer a question concerning their website? And why would #usernames be a more appropriate place to ask?

I, as an op in #Help and other help channels, often field questions concerning CService and username issues and send people to the appropriate channel when needed, so I really would like to know just where #CService wants us to send people with issues concerning their website when we do not know.

I know many users on Undernet do not fully understand what #CService deals with and perhaps this will help us all understand better.

Thanks,
Eenie

Post subject: Re: "too many failed login attempts for this username&a
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:08 am 

Eenie wrote:
According to the sticky topic here, #CService deals with "X Usage and Channel Registration Help."

In helping a user in #Help today, I found it quite odd when I joined #CService and asked, "'too many failed login attempts for this username' when does this expire?" It was in reference to the CService website and a difficulty someone had in logging in there. For all we know, he may have been going there to register a channel.

I was answered immediately by a user there, "24 hours." At the same time, an op in #CService told me to go ask in #usernames." I just had to laugh. Does #CService find it "not their job" to answer a question concerning their website? And why would #usernames be a more appropriate place to ask?

I, as an op in #Help and other help channels, often field questions concerning CService and username issues and send people to the appropriate channel when needed, so I really would like to know just where #CService wants us to send people with issues concerning their website when we do not know.

I know many users on Undernet do not fully understand what #CService deals with and perhaps this will help us all understand better.

Thanks,
Eenie

Hiya,

1. #Cservice deals with X related questions/ commands and registered channel issues
2. #UserNameS with usernames related issues.

well indeed when someone gets such message on our website he/she has to wait 24 hours, since he/she miss-typed his/her username password repeadtly, more than 3 times and his/her ip is blocked for the next 24 hours, however lets get to the point, such question as that you mentioned above can be answered as well in #CService or #UserNameS doesn't matter, but ussualy if it involves an issue related to usernames, it has to be asked in #UserNameS. by the way personally i preffer to answer such questions in #Cservice since is related to us and the website is being maintained by us and also can be answered in #UserNameS since might sound/looks like as an username matter. so it doesn't matter where he/she ask for assistance, but as i said earlier UserNameS helps ONLY with usernames matters and Cservice with X related questions / commands and registered channel issues. some ops or non-cservice personeel can reffer the guest who requires assistance in the case you've mentioned above in #UserNameS or it can be answered directly in #CService without going there.

Forgot to mention something, this works as well for Forgotten Password if you try it for more then 3 times unsuccesfully your ip will be blocked for the next 24 hours.

Regards,
Spidel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:26 am 
Forum Super Moderator

SpYdeRX stated:
Quote:
such question as that you mentioned above can be answered as well in #CService or #UserNameS doesn't matter

Yes, I got the answer in #CService by a USER (not an op) that 24 hours is how long to wait. Point is, the OP in #CService told me to go elsewhere (#usernames) to get answered!

The #CService op in essence told me I was asking in the wrong place and #usernames was where to ask.

Perhaps this is why so many people are confused as to where to go for answers concerning CService issues.

So, just to get this straight, people are supposed to ask CService website questions in #CService AND #Usernames? I am afraid your answer is just confusing me more, SpYdeRX

Eenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:35 am 

I thought that #UserNames only handles "Suspended" usernames and some deep questions about Usernames. And the rest of CService related questions, can be ask in #CService.

Quite confusing, why do they have to redirect them to #UserNames (w/ those simple question), in fact lots of Volunteers, Ops, Official Helpers, even CS Admins online in #CService waiting for someone to ask. And Im sure they really know the "answer" of that "simple" question.... No need to redirect....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:33 am 
#Userguide Member

Quote:

After I looked at the time you posted I realised that it was the user I helped and please stop beliveing users or modify the answers after your own pleasure, I didn't told that user just: "24 hours"
<Gaby`Demy> stai asa
<@Spidel> it would disable autotopic flag and description or url from that channel won't be setted on the channel topic.
<Gaby`Demy> Error
<Gaby`Demy> Too many failed login attempts for this username.
<aJc> oh ok
<aJc> thanks :)
<@Spidel> welcome
* aJc (irc@aJc.users.undernet.org) has left #CService
<04CountDooku> yea please try tomorow, you tryed to login for many times without a good password
* zmoky sets mode: -oo nIckmenza zmoky
<Gaby`Demy> zi in romana ca nu inteleg
<Gaby`Demy> CountDooku
<04CountDooku> da, ai dreptate :) Gaby`Demy incearca maine te rog frumos
<04CountDooku> ai incercat de prea multe ori sa introduci o parola gresita
* needweed (~weed@MuieLameri.users.undernet.org) has joined #CService
<Gaby`Demy> adica
* veroHappy sets mode: -o veroHappy
<04CountDooku> momentan esti ignorat de service din cauza ca ai incercat sa te loghezi cu o parola gresita intr-un interval scurt de timp
<04CountDooku> te rog frumos incearca maine, sunt sigur ca o sa mearga
<Gaby`Demy> si cand pot intra
<Gaby`Demy> ok
-
Gaby`Demy is ~mafia@gabysefu.users.undernet.org * Gaby`Demy
Gaby`Demy on #CService @#ProSoft #NiceBoys #giurgiu #Aron
Gaby`Demy using *.undernet.org The Undernet Underworld
Gaby`Demy is logged in as gabysefu
Gaby`Demy End of /WHOIS list.
-
<Gaby`Demy> e da 3 zile asa
* ^HunTeR^ (CarZ@Ripperul.users.undernet.org) has joined #CService
<Gaby`Demy> uite sasa zice
<Gaby`Demy> Error
<Gaby`Demy> Too many failed login attempts for this username
* kn destroys CountDooku
* ^HunTeR^ (CarZ@Ripperul.users.undernet.org) has left #CService
<Gaby`Demy> aloooooo
<Gaby`Demy> CountDooku
<04CountDooku> pai da pentru ca nu ai lasat un interval de timp sa treaca, de aceea te rog sa incerci peste 24 de ore (sigur o sa mearga)
<Gaby`Demy> ok
<04CountDooku> Gaby`Demy tu degeaba incerci in felul asta, tu lasi o perioada de timp sa treaca dar nu destul si cand mai ai putin si poti sa te loghezi iar incerci si iar se mareste perioada de ignore
<Gaby`Demy> ms ms
<04CountDooku> cu cea mai mare placere
* CountDooku grips kn and frows him far away ):)
* ^HunTeR^ (CarZ@Ripperul.users.undernet.org) has joined #CService
<^HunTeR^> help
<aLaRmZoNe> ^HeTf|eLD^: With ?
<TheGohan> ^HunTeR^, Ask please.
* Spidel sets mode: -b *!*@cry1boy.users.undernet.org
* X sets mode: -o Spidel
<^HunTeR^> de unde pot lua un eggdrop pt chanu meu >
<TheGohan> aLaRmZoNe :P   Wrong autocomplete. :)
<aLaRmZoNe> ^HunTeR^: Could you please try to ask your question in english ?
<Gaby`Demy> da bnc stie cineva sa faca
<04CountDooku> Gaby`Demy aceasta nu este un canal de trade
<^HunTeR^> from where i can ask for an eggdrop
<TheGohan> CountDooku and Gaby`Demy, Please use english. 
<04CountDooku> #CService este un canal unde poti afla informatii in legatura cu X/Canale inregistrate
<aLaRmZoNe> ^HunTeR^: I have no idea . Please try to search on google or better ask your friend
* ^HunTeR^ (CarZ@Ripperul.users.undernet.org) has left #CService
<Gaby`Demy> ok
<TheGohan> thank you. :P
<04CountDooku> TheGohan I started heling him in ro because there ware ro @ now please let me finish, its not so polite to not thank him in romanian :)
So ... i don't think there ware just a line with "24 hours" I think you are free to come and ask in #cservice if some1 did that and regarding usernames... I think the @ thout that because only he can't login on website it means its a problem with that account so he has send him to #usernames for more details, undernet is full of bureaucracy Eanie, my opinion is that this is a problem between #cservice and #usernames but if you are to busy with answering to those kind of questions send them again to us (volunteers) I will be glad to explain him again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:43 am 
Forum Super Moderator

Dooku:

Unfortunately, you are very, very confused.

I was the one asking in #CService using my normal nick of Eenie; and I asked in English and was answered in English.

The log you posted has nothing to do with me asking the question in #Cservice.

Thanks anyway for trying.

Eenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:40 pm 

The part with not being able to login @ the website because of that error, indeed requires a 24 hours waiting period, and the answer should be supplied in #cservice, because it's related to our website. The op you said sent you to #usernames *may* have thought you lost your password, and sent you there for the purpose of recovering it. Indeed ops should send ppl in #usernames when it comes to forgotten passwords, username recovery etc. Hell, i could explain that in #cservice too, but it's really a thing of procedure.
I couldn't tell you what the op was thinking of when he sent you to usernames, after someone already told you to wait 24 hrs, but those are the possibilities

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:15 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

Eenie,

Technically the Op was correct since the issue was with your username, not X or channel registration.
However so is the 24 Hours response.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]