It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: How can Purge X without info
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:45 am 

hello,
I was a TC Admin at a trivia channel. today i looked that purge X from this channel without any info like this "IF The channel manager has not logged in for over 21 days.It is now
important for the channel to have a new manager or the channel will be
purged(X removed). We can and will assign a new manager if we feel it will
benefit the channel if one can not be picked from amongst your selves.

After and If you have decided on a new manager, the new manager needs to
e-mail me the following information in ONE(1) e-mail from his/her e-mail
address that they registered with containing the following information. "

This info was another channel which i am TC Admin at a channel.(about 1 years ago)
Now, did changed rules? why X purge from a common trivia channel without any info?
and i asked this question at #cservice and came a mistake answer:(Wolfyx14): NewerMind, the manager failed to maintain his channel. He did not login for more than 25 days, and there were few active members. This has happened in the past, and at that time we said its the first and only warning, so now that it happened again, we purged with no warning
This has happened in the past??? never this has not been in the past.if it was past. please someone show me logs or etc..
*yes,manager didnt login 25 days for holiday but i hope that You understand the m objection. "No info before purge"

all the best...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:50 pm 

In the majority of cases, when the manager fails to login for more than 21+ days, an admin holds a vote on the channel if he feels that the channel needs a new manager (meaning that the channel is still active, and it would be a shame to purge it) In your case, the certain admin that handled the situation felt that the channel was too inactive to bother holding a vote, so he purged directly. I told you the default answer i tell everyone. There *can* be cases when we don't hold a vote, and purge directly, and your channel may have been purged directly. At first i specified that the *majority* of cases have a vote at first. I cannot see whether the channel has been warned before or not, i just tell you what i am supposed to tell everyone in your case.
And quite frankly it's not my fault the manager has not logged in to maintain his channel thus preventing the purge.
All you can do now is re-apply for the channel, good luck
Wolfyx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:58 pm 
Cservice Official

Allowing you to vote for a new manager it's a priviledge, not a right, as the manager should have issued a manager change request.

This means that your channel should have been purged when the manager didn't login, as it actually was.

As a note, it's faster to re-post an application for the channel in cause than to keep whining about a vote that didn't took place, and one that even if it would have, it would have taken way longer than a regular application.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:02 pm 

Firstly, wolfyx i respect you but;
1. channel is clear channel(no clon no bnc etc...)
2.now summer time and most people at holiday
3. however in evenings there was at leatst 15 people is this mean inactive?it channel was like a family channel coz we registered it with our old friends. and now most of them at holiday. what will be if someone register it before us what will be???
i want this channel. also i have as manager a different channel but it channel is import for us. pls give us chance for vote manager.
thanks

*etherfast channel manager is abroad an normaly was 15 days holiday what can we do. also register a channel take 2 week.i dont prefer this and no more user nowless. summer time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:17 pm 

The 'no bnc/clone/bot' thing doesn't count here. I mean, the purge is strictly mia related (manager missing in action). And again, it's not our fault the manager's off on holidays. He should've known better and set a temporary manager (one that didn't go on holiday), to stay and take care of the channel while he's gone. This decision is irevocable, so you're only hope is to re-apply for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:17 pm 
Cservice Official

With the risk of repeating myself, channel is already purged, nothing can be done about it.
Post another application if you want X there, and like I said, if manager isn't logging in, that's not our fault.

You accepted some terms when you applied for registration, and no wonder we all send you to that AUP when facing this situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:24 pm 

huhhh, of course it is not your business for our holidays. who we are?
iam talking about rules........
if a manager dont login in 21 days you must info for vote new manager. why this rules didnt work iam angry about it. becouse channel is clear actif and no clones no abuse then why didnt work rules. if a channel abuse action or etc. bad things or if be same thing 2. times okey you can do it but now we are clear off iam bored anyway.

Last edited by xyz61 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:41 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

xyz61:

Here are the "rules":

Quote:
Channel Services regularly monitors all registered channels for activity. If a registered channel is not active, X will be removed from the channel. Channel managers are expected to be active in the channel. If you are gone for more than 21 days, X can be removed from the channel or in very active channels, a new channel manager can be elected by the high level ops. If you know you are going to be gone for more than 3 weeks, appoint a temporary manager and have Channel Services set them up. Forms are available on the web page and #cservice is there to help you.
(directly quoted from http://cservice.undernet.org/live/regproc/aup.php and in effect since at least October 6, 2002)

Note the word, CAN

Rules need to be followed carefully, and your channel manager neglected to follow them.

Eenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:37 pm 

thanks your interest but read pls my first post.anyway .......................................................................... i feel like a DonKishot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:57 pm 

If you want to blame someone, take it out on the manager, he had various options to evade the purge

Quote:
huhhh, of course it is not your business for our holidays. who we are?

No, it's not really our buisness, and as i said, he could have set a temp manager, and this situation would never have happened
And i assure you whining about it and lecturing us about our own rules won't bring you X back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:06 pm 
Cservice Official

Unfortunately, getting a vote for a new manager is a priviledge, not an obligation from our side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:06 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

xyz61 stated:
Quote:
thanks your interest but read pls my first post.anyway

Yes, I did, and again, I say, Note the word, CAN

I think your question has been thoroughly answered.

Eenie

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]