It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Registred channel problems
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:09 am 

I need some help about a tricky situation.

I own a channel (not gonna write what's its name, because someone might think I just want to get people reading this post to join my channel) 2 days ago someone manage to stole my username (he got my password somehow) I don't know how since no one besides me knew the password. That' not the issue though, I used the FORGET PASSWORD thingy, typed in the SECRET ANSWER, and the new password was mailed to my e-mail account. The problem is that the mail on http://www.lugoj.ro is down for 2 years or so. The e-mail adress doesn't exist anymore.

I sent the e-mail change request form and I am waiting for an answer.
The problem is that the guys that stole my username joined more than 100 clones/bots on the channel, they flood, swear, it's anarchy there and I can't do anything. Is it possible to lose the channel because of those clones/bots???

And another thing, I read some posts on this forum about some guys that tried like 10 times to change their email adresses and they didn't get any answer, is it true? What am I supposed to do if I don't get any answer? What will happen to my channel? I have logs since 2003-2004 to prove that I am the rightfull owner of the channel, I have the secret answer of my username (the guy that stole my username doesn't know it), I know the old email adress, username and password of it, what else can I do beside waiting for CService staff to send me some email?

Is there a channel where an IRCOp could verify my data and come to my channel and fix things out?

Any ideeas are welcomed.

Thanks

Nicu Sasu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 am 
Forum Moderator

IRC Operators have nothing to do with this (unless the IRC Operator is a Cservice official too). If your channel is spot by the Cservice abuse team your channel might get suspended (and posibility to be purged afterwards) for breaking the AUP since you are saying that it's full of bots. Dunno why users are complaining about no answer while changing their email address. Only once I have sent an email change request, and it was done in less than 1 day. I suggest you to join #Usernames and try to get live help since you're saying that your channel is being abused. I am just wondering what's up with the other ops ? Can't they ban the bots, or you are the only one with access there ? Good luck.

Best Regards,
Mit.

Post subject: I manage to fix someting
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:44 pm 

I managed to get the channel suspended and all the persons responsable got suspended.

Chan LOCKED due to take over. ( MANAGER *ONLY* email Leo@undernet.org ) <---- topic on my channel.

Good, now for phase two. In how much time will the channel be purged? 2 weeks?

I also got an e-mail from Leo (IRCop i assume).

Besides waiting for the confirmation of my e-mail change request what else can I do to speed things up?

Thanks for answering so fast!

Nicu Sasu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

Leo is a Cservice Senior Administrator, not an IRC Operator. As I said above, it is not the same.

You say that you got an e-mail from Leo. I am wondering HOW because you said your current email address supplied for the username does not exist and you are trying to change it.

Now you really confused me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:13 pm 

I received the email on another adress (the one I'm trying to change is no loner online). 2 days ago I sent an email to cservice in which I wrote everything that happened to my channel (the takeover and stuff).

Sorry for not beeing more precisely.

Please tell me if the purge is still possible and if so, in how many days.

Nicu Sasu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:34 pm 
Forum Moderator

Then you have to talk with Leo as supplied in the topic. Send an email to Leo@undernet.org with all your questions and comments.

Best Regards,
Mit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 pm 
Cservice Official

Err, I double read this post and wasn't able to find anything related to the future purge of that channel.

Basically, your channel will not get purged. It's only suspended for the moment to disallow other people to use their X priviledges (stated in the topic). If you sent an e-mail to Leo, just wait patiently for an answer, and that should be it.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:33 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

OK, first to clarify:

IRC op's are NOT CService Officials, granted there are some people that happen to be both, but if you go looking for an IRC op to help you with this problem you wont get any help since IRC op's do not deal with X.

Now, to answer the question:

Problems like this can't be resolved here or in #CService, they can only be resolved with cservice-abuse@undernet.org or the assigned person dealing with your channel at the time by cservice-abuse@undernet.org, in your case (as you have stated) that is leo@undernet.org.

The most information this forum can help you with is what Etherfast has already answered.

Sorry we couldn't help you more here.

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:39 am 

Thank you very much, I got all the answers I needed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]