It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: who owns cservice?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:38 pm 

i know this may sound dumb but i am curious who is top-level boss of channel service. at http://cservice.undernet.org/ it says that cservice is maintained by csc but it doesn't tell who is chief admin of cservice and what person/company owns the X/cservice servers.

Post subject: Re: who owns cservice?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:51 pm 

Keops wrote:
i know this may sound dumb but i am curious who is top-level boss of channel service. at http://cservice.undernet.org/ it says that cservice is maintained by csc but it doesn't tell who is chief admin of cservice and what person/company owns the X/cservice servers.

http://cservice.undernet.org/people/ should give you an idea. There is no boss, everyone works together.

If you scroll down you'll see "Sponsored by XS4ALL" which answers your second question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:29 pm 
Undernet IRC Operator

Even if CSC had a designated owner, the information wouldn't be given out. However we do have sponsors who were kind enough to donate their bandwidth for the websites and processes needed to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:40 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

The person I believe you are attempting to find is listed as the Co-ordinator at http://cservice.undernet.org/people/

CService Like Undernet is not actually owned by anyone, it is committee based, Committee members are those known as CService Officials and CService Admins (basically most of the people on that people page above).

If you wish to ask something specific please do not go straight to the Co-ordinator, they usually will not listen to user complaints, instead start with the following:

cservice@undernet.org - Our main email address for any and all general enquiries
cservice-abuse@undernet.org - Used for reporting CService and X related abuses
usernames@undernet.org - for anything and everything specifically related to your username
This Forum - general help.
#Usernames - Quick access to username related help.
or #CService - Quick access help channel for anything related to X and channel registration.

There are more options here, please feel free to ask in the appropriate place above.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:35 pm 

so, the co-ordinator, Lord Luke, is the one with highest global access who assigns new administrators or is it one of the coders who does that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:28 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

Actually nope, such decisions are usually made by position availability, suitability, and experience, we have various teams and team leaders, your question is asking for details we are unable to provide for multiple reasons.

What information are you really after?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:26 pm 

well, X, like every undernet server has an administrator that maintains it. it can't be run by the entire csc because x is only one machine like every undernet server. i want to know who the maintainer is, the one who owns the machine and has physical access to it. this is the top chief i'm talking about.

Post subject: NO 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:17 pm 
#Userguide Member

no 1 has the "supreme access" if this is what you are looking for ... and thats a verry good think, like xplora told you look on the website, you will see there ... Coders deal with the data base and all gnuworld in general ... so i think they deal with the hardware part :D THEY ! its not only one man, its a TEAM, why do u think undernet is up after all this years 8) ? they work together !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:52 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

That information is kept secret for a reason, the person you are looking for is not connected with CService period, their job is only to maintain the machine and X. They have no permission to do anything related to CService unless asked by CService.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]