It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:21 pm 

Quakenet got maxlogins 2, no problem there.. they are actually much better than undernet to keep away "abusive things".
Other networks as well got ghost kill and such things.. can't see why we should spare the maxlogins.. i belive it will decrease the amount of mulitple usernames to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:33 pm 

$me agrees with Eenie, the point is: we want our maxlogins back, it is very annoying when we get disconnected. etc, and our ghost remains for 10/15 minutes, or a ghost kill command, all networks has it, UnderNet doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:55 pm 

Screw the ghost thing. Just imagine how much abuse there is with multiple usernames and what derives from there. And imagine the hell maxlogins would create once again
(we shouldn't really resurrect an old topic, so i'd suggest we stop the debating)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:11 pm 

Denying it's not the way to improve, it's obvious this is a problem maybe not for you because you have maxloings and it's very simple to pass through such situation. If we canNOT get maxlogins then ghostkill should be another chance .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

I got for maxlogins default set to 2 myself. As i know people who have a 24/7 internet connection and home and internet at the office and they can`t login from the office because they leave their client open at home. It`s annoying...some people need it, at least you can let people who need this feature request it via mail/form and you check the request and enable maxlogins 2 for the specific user...

Moderator note: topic moved to Cservice Section. It will get a better attention for the CSC people.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:05 pm 

request via email or forms? well another job for our Cservice administrators. think about it that will be a dozens of such request from undernet guests and our admins can't handle all of them, it will be a hard work and they will barely have time to do other tasks that they might have on IRC and go figure it out if guests requests aren't being answered in a short of time what they will do? i bet you already know what guests will say.... my point of view, it's an worst idea. they should not leave their client opens at home when they're going at work if they want to connect from there to UnderNet. and i truely doubt maxlogins feature will be re-enable again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:01 am 

CService people, like Outsider said earlier, have maxlogins 2 or higher because they can. It's true they spent their time working with usernames and requests, but are they the only ones? Do they need it more than other people, like Eenie? Wrong.
This is already going too far. Why do people deny something that's so obvious? Why do some people get maxlogins increased (and they are not part of CService, they just know the right person to spek with) and most don't?
And that ghost kill command isn't a bad idea at all. It should be something like /msg x@channels.undernet.org ghost username password and it will make Undernet a better place. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:31 am 

I have maxlogins but i don't use them..that's not the point, the idea is that if we were to give maxlogins once more, everyone would want it, especially the people that don't need it, and would use it to abuse with username sharing again. I would agree to grant maxlogins, but only, and ONLY to the people that truly need it and provide a hell of a reason for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:47 am 
Cservice Official

The reason would be learned by the others. The same as the guy logged into the friend's username, brother's, sister's, neighbour's, and his fourth grade teacher's.
Maxlogins was disabled for a reason, and I think it should remain like this. Instead, ghostkill doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:56 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

Someone (whom shall remain nameless, unless they want to add to this discussion) pointed out to me that the biggest reason multiple usernames was disabled what managers sharing their username.

This same person has come up with the idea of if we re-enable multiple logins, to have X lockdown the additional logins to have no more than level 399 access. this way if it is a ghost, you can still kick your ghost (which I've found is usually a good starting point for getting the servers to wake up and see the client is a ghost).

What do you guys think? Think you can live with no more than 399 during a ghosted situation ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:13 pm 

Sounds good enough for me. But still, will this ever be done? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:40 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Quote:
What do you guys think? Think you can live with no more than 399 during a ghosted situation ?

Absolutely!

At least I could come back and get logged in and use +x quickly in order to finish helping someone. No need for 500 access in order to do that.

I sincerely hope the "powers-that-be" will take note of our plight in this regard and grant us a workable solution.

Eenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:33 pm 
Cservice Official

I think having a 399 ghosted client makes us all happy :)

Later edit:
This wasn't meant ironically and shouldn't be treated like that either.
All I wanted to point out is that there will be many satisified people if we set this thing up

Last edited by Etherfast on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:43 am 
Forum Super Moderator

Etherfast said:
Quote:
I think having a 399 ghosted client makes us all happy

I think you misunderstand. The second login would be the one with 399 access, since the main login (the ghost, in this instance) would be the 500 accessed user.

I trust I am understanding xplora correctly.

Eenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:06 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

eenie, yep, you understood correctly ;)

Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next