It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 pm 

After being disconnected (ping timeout), I attempted to sign back in and received the AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded) message from X. My "ghost" was still connected. Is X only allowing one connection at a time now? If so, this makes it very difficult for me as a channel operator if I get disconnected in the middle of a troll/flood attack, because I have to wait for my ghost to die before I can regain ops in my channel. If this is a new policy, I strongly suggest allowing at least two simultaneous logins in order to avoid ghost issues.

Thanks,
Bill

Post subject: Re: AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceede
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 am 
Forum Super Moderator

Blueboar wrote:
After being disconnected (ping timeout), I attempted to sign back in and received the AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded) message from X. My "ghost" was still connected. Is X only allowing one connection at a time now? If so, this makes it very difficult for me as a channel operator if I get disconnected in the middle of a troll/flood attack, because I have to wait for my ghost to die before I can regain ops in my channel. If this is a new policy, I strongly suggest allowing at least two simultaneous logins in order to avoid ghost issues.

Thanks,
Bill

Everything is the same as it has been, AFAIK.

Must have been a fluke.

No panicking needed ;-)

~Eenie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 am 

Blueboar wrote:

Thanks,
Bill

No you STILL can authenticate yourself using two clients. Perhaps your identd has changed or your ip. Make sure your identd is the same as your first client so as the ip, otherwise you will not be able to login twice.

I.e: bill@74.21.123.24 (first client) and the second client you use to connect has to be the same. If on connect you get something on your ident such as ~bill@ then you will not be able to auth to X cause of the "~"

I hope now it's all clear.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:08 am 

Spidel wrote:
"~"

awesome usage of faces in your ~ ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]