It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ban if idle on #CService
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 am 

Hello evryone, i want to ask what should I do (and there are more users like me) to don`t get banned in #CService by UCSC-*(bot). The bot ban idle users with 5 hours.. I join now 7-8 hours at day.. every day.. I am not allowed to assist users, and i will make idle on channel by watching. I join #CService by years now.. I can`t stop joining there, is part of my mIRC`s life now.. Is lame to be banned in #CService.. so what can I do?

Respect.. DjChulo

Post subject: Re: Ban if idle on #CService
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm 

Hi chulo, I believe if they disable this idle thingie, #cservice would be full of drone and bots ..the goal is to learn when you are there and *part* when you are away.( my opinion )

DjChulo wrote:
Hello evryone, i want to ask what should I do (and there are more users like me) to don`t get banned in #CService by UCSC-*(bot). The bot ban idle users with 5 hours.. I join now 7-8 hours at day.. every day.. I am not allowed to assist users, and i will make idle on channel by watching. I join #CService by years now.. I can`t stop joining there, is part of my mIRC`s life now.. Is lame to be banned in #CService.. so what can I do?

Respect.. DjChulo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:18 pm 

m3alem wrote:
Hi chulo, I believe if they disable this idle thingie, #cservice would be full of drone and bots ..the goal is to learn when you are there and *part* when you are away.( my opinion )

DjChulo wrote:

Respect.. DjChulo

Ok mate, i know that and i understand it, but there are users (like me) who stays online more than 5 hours, i stay 6-7 hours or more.. every day now..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:53 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

The short answer is, it wont be changing.

There are some that even think the idle timer should be shorter, and, it has been shorter, but as we are not like other help channels with shorter times, we decided the current time is the best, as it strikes a good balance between the desire to deal with those that really are idling, and those that do want to help.

Btw, if you really are spending 6-8 hours online at a time, you may also want to re-think what is really important in your life. (And yes, I've been there, and done that, and Undernet has a saying, real life comes first ;).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:25 pm 

xplora wrote:
we decided the current time is the best, as it strikes a good balance between the desire to deal with those that really are idling, and those that do want to help.

How can you make a good balance, if we are not allowed to assist users, i was allowed before, but i wasn`t active and i was removed from that program. I was very busy in my rl.. Now when i have time i am not allowed to help.. that`s the life.. My point was that the bot need a new config..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:37 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

Well that just bring me to why it's there in the first place, #CService is NOT a place to park. Realistically if you are there for more than 5 hours not talking you aren't there, you are probably in other channels, and have just parked in #CService. END of story.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]